Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tall Paul

Mojo Inshore spinning rods

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Used the search fuction hoping not to repeat the question, but there were only about 48 thousands posts with Mojo in them and most were about the surf series.

Anyway, looking to pick-up a Mojo Inshore 7' 6" ML or M,(model # MIS76MLF or MF) Was wondering if anybody had one. I going to be throwing light jigs and Mirrolures for trout and pups in the surf. I have a few of 7' rods of various companys some custom made. Also have a couple of longer rods, (8's and 9's). So either talk me into it or out of it. What are your opinions on the rod?

Used the search fuction hoping not to repeat the question, but there were only about 48 thousands posts with Mojo in them and most were about the surf series.

Anyway, looking to pick-up a Mojo Inshore 7' 6" ML or M,(model # MIS76MLF or MF) Was wondering if anybody had one. I going to be throwing light jigs and Mirrolures for trout and pups in the surf. I have a few of 7' rods of various companys some custom made. Also have a couple of longer rods, (8's and 9's). So either talk me into it or out of it. What are your opinions on the rod?

I remember a thread about them a while back, and the guys that used them seemed to love them. One sol er used it in his kayak and raved about it's fish handling performance, but i can't recall what the others said exactly.

I don't care for the split grip very much (at least on this series) and as mentioned above, the Tidemasters have over 50 models to choose from and were completely retooled from the ground up a couple of years ago.

It's St.Croixs most popular inshore rod series, i really don't know what St.Croix was thinking when they decided to add the Mojo Inshores because it was already covered with the Tidemaster and Avid Inshore rods.

The Tidemasters and Mojo Inshores are constructed from the same material (SC II ) and have similar tapers , and both are eligible for the trade up program within the 5 year warranty. One thing i can say is that they are priced right, with an average retail around $110.00

For what it's worth, I picked one up for cheap at a local B&T shop and really like it. Best bang for the buck rod I have ever owned, and as always you have to love St. Croix's customer service. I actually replaced my 8' surf rod with it and am able to cast just over twice the distance with the Mojo. :confused:

I have the 7' 6" mf. It's funny that you say you want to use it from the surf as well. I keep mine in the boat, but at times have used it on the beach. IMO its a great rod for short dough. I matched it with a 4000 series reel. Although I keep higher end equipment on the boat, its the rod I reach for first. I use it for seabass and fluke, bonito and albies, bass and blues. 36" blue on that setup was a blast. Long story short, i'm glad I picked it up.

It was a toss up for me as well when I bought a few new rods last fall and the sticker all 4 of my rods have on them is TFO (Temple Fork Outfitters). Seriously worth a look at these rods and at 99.00 for most of them you cant go wrong, after all theyre designed by Gary Loomis. I dont see a ton of difference between these TFO and my IMX rods. Mojo rods are decent too just put one of each in your hand is my best answer.

Thank you all for the replies, In doing more research on the rod, realized that one of my friends is on the guide program for St Croix. He has just the rod I was looking to purchase. He is going to let me try his out before I buy one of my own. He has nothing but good things to say about it, but said that I may not like the split grips. Which was one of the things I like about the rod. And funny that Gerkert mentioned TFO, I have one of their Push Poles, that was recommend by the same friend, and he also has a couple of their rods if I wanted to give them a try, no 7'6" but would give me an idea of how they were made.

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas

Thank you all for the replies, In doing more research on the rod, realized that one of my friends is on the guide program for St Croix. He has just the rod I was looking to purchase. He is going to let me try his out before I buy one of my own. He has nothing but good things to say about it, but said that I may not like the split grips. Which was one of the things I like about the rod. And funny that Gerkert mentioned TFO, I have one of their Push Poles, that was recommend by the same friend, and he also has a couple of their rods if I wanted to give them a try, no 7'6" but would give me an idea of how they were made.

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you Paul, and i'm glad things are looking up for you.;)