Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaron001

south of ibsp?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I'm going to give Avalon a shot from late tonight Into the morning. I haven't herd if any fish south of ibsp so maybe I can set the tone. this year is confusing for me the fish must be staying up north or off odd shore In the south.

jaron001,

there are fish north and south ,, you just have to put your time in.. Good Luck,, and oh.. Watch the Weather.. Conditions are expected to go down hill fast later tonight..` Rain with a Coastal Flood advisory for Friday Morning...

Steve

jaron001,

there are fish north and south ,, you just have to put your time in.. Good Luck,, and oh.. Watch the Weather.. Conditions are expected to go down hill fast later tonight..` Rain with a Coastal Flood advisory for Friday Morning...

Steve

Thought I saw you were hanging it up for the year ;)

got the skunk today.... conditions were actually nice around 5am.

didn't mind though I had a senior point out everything about this beach I was fishing on he was so helpful it all made sense when he was done.

"Michael Corleone: Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. " :D

Happy Holidays To You Lou....

Steve

Happy Holidays to you also.

Awful hard to quit this year.

I was feeling burn't out but the thinning crowds and plentiful bass got me pumped up again. :)

fished Avalon over the weekend and NOTHING! lots of guys were out there on the jetty I was on. I tried to pay attention to what the bait guys were doing since I was using 2 poles and what the lure guys were doing also. no one caught anything.

everyone was fishing the inlet side I was fishing the surf behind the breakers with plug pole and the inlet with the chunk pole. there was lots of different birds in the area and a duck looking bird that was diving underwater and fishing with us. most of the birds however we just floating on the water.

are the fish just not down here yet? I asked a few guys if they fished the spot often and if the caught no one said yea and 2 guys said the fish are up north since its above average

all in all I got practice with my new gear I tossed....

all my bombers from black to cotton candy even the school bus and chicken scratch

2 differnt teaser rigs with and my metal (deadly dick, ava, hotchkins ) by the way how should I retrive this setup properly?

Tsunami popper

and some clam I seen a lot of shells on the beach

fished Avalon over the weekend and NOTHING! lots of guys were out there on the jetty I was on. I tried to pay attention to what the bait guys were doing since I was using 2 poles and what the lure guys were doing also. no one caught anything.

everyone was fishing the inlet side I was fishing the surf behind the breakers with plug pole and the inlet with the chunk pole. there was lots of different birds in the area and a duck looking bird that was diving underwater and fishing with us. most of the birds however we just floating on the water.

are the fish just not down here yet? I asked a few guys if they fished the spot often and if the caught no one said yea and 2 guys said the fish are up north since its above average

all in all I got practice with my new gear I tossed....

all my bombers from black to cotton candy even the school bus and chicken scratch

2 differnt teaser rigs with and my metal (deadly dick, ava, hotchkins ) by the way how should I retrive this setup properly?

Tsunami popper

and some clam I seen a lot of shells on the beach

For DD's and Ava's I drag them along the bottom. Vary your retrieve speed to see what works but this works pretty good for me. Hopkins and bigger profile spoons swim higher in the water column. Sometimes ripping one across the top as fast as you can willl get a response. I have had luck jigging them too. Try differnet presentations.