Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John M

America's Team

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201112/dallas-cowboys-replaced-americas-team

Meet America's Team: The Green Bay Packers

Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:47 amWritten by: Ben Maller

Americans love a winner and that's not the Dallas Cowboys these days. The team from deep in the Republic of Texas has been replaced as the nation's most popular team.

Aaron Rodgers' Super Bowl-winning Green Bay Packers were picked by 22 percent of voters as their favorite team in the NFL, according to Public Policy Polling's newest national survey. The Cowboys finished second, with 11 percent of the vote, followed by the Bears, Giants and Steelers.

NFL Films famously gave the Cowboys the title of "America's Team" in a 1978 highlight film. The program opened up with this intro: "They appear on television so often that their faces are as familiar to the public as presidents and movie stars. They are the Dallas Cowboys, America's Team."

A generation later, Dallas was actually picked as America's least favorite NFL team. The Cowboys got 22 percent of the negative vote, beating out the Chicago Bears' 8 percent and Green Bay's 7 percent for the title.

Ahahahahahaahahahahahaahah

New flavor of the Month Thats all. All you have to do is go around the country and See Who's Jersey you See the Most. It ain't The Green Bay Packers or Any East Coast team that for Sure.

There only one America's Team and that is the Dallas Cowboys. The only team in America That Will fill an Empty Stadium of the Opposing teams. What other team can you say that about

None. If you watched the Game Where They Kicked the 49ers Ass The Cowboy fans were louder than The 49er Fans. The Green Bay Packers are like Feng Shui they go out of Style Next season

I don't care if anyone calls them or considers them "America's Team" but.......................... the best traveling fan base in the universe is Steeler Nation! Nothing else compares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterBoy View Post

I don't care if anyone calls them or considers them "America's Team" but.......................... the best traveling fan base in the universe is Steeler Nation! Nothing else compares.

After seeing them at the 'stick on Monday I have to agree... even if they did wave the towel and make a lot of noise when their team had the pill. On my 3 hour drive to SF (should be 1.5 hr), I saw tons of Steeler flags and towels flying. It was pretty cool actually. Besides Bears fans I've seen at Lambeau, they were the most fun, knowledgeable, and good group of folks I've seen outside of their home ketchup field.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportyguy33 View Post

...If you watched the Game Where They Kicked the 49ers Ass The Cowboy fans were louder than The 49er Fans...

Um, one overtime pass over the top of a linebacker was an arse kicking? headscratch.gif

I have a feeling those foreign tickets for well traveled teams (Steelers, Giants, Bears, Cowboys, Packers, Pats) will be hard to come by next year in SF. You might have to go to Oakland... hopefully there's a knife on the other end of your bottle opener. wink.gif

ps - the Steelers fans at the stick were louder and way better people than the Cowboys' fans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportyguy33 View Post

Ahahahahahaahahahahahaahah

New flavor of the Month Thats all. All you have to do is go around the country and See Who's Jersey you See the Most. It ain't The Green Bay Packers or Any East Coast team that for Sure.

There only one America's Team and that is the Dallas Cowboys. The only team in America That Will fill an Empty Stadium of the Opposing teams. What other team can you say that about

None. If you watched the Game Where They Kicked the 49ers Ass The Cowboy fans were louder than The 49er Fans. The Green Bay Packers are like Feng Shui they go out of Style Next season

I can honestly say I haven't seen a single Cowboys jersey around here. But to be fair it's much more of an AFC area. Maybe a few Giants and Packers, but you're more apt to see even a Raiders jersey than any NFC one. Still . . .

Cowboys = Old and Busted

Pats, Packers, Steelers = New Hotness

I can honestly say I haven't seen a single Cowboys jersey around here. But to be fair it's much more of an AFC area. Maybe a few Giants and Packers, but you're more apt to see even a Raiders jersey than any NFC one. Still . . .

Cowboys = Old and Busted

Pats, Packers, Steelers = New Hotness

Cowboys jerseys came out around here last week, after their win.

Not many to be found the previous couple of weeks after losses.

Most fair weathered fans around.

Being a Cowboys fan outside of Texas is much more than being a fan of the team. It's some kind of statement to these people. It's like that kid who nobody liked and he was always doing something to get attention..... They are different and they don't care if they get positive or negative attention so long as they are getting some...

John

Being a Cowboys fan outside of Texas is much more than being a fan of the team. It's some kind of statement to these people. It's like that kid who nobody liked and he was always doing something to get attention..... They are different and they don't care if they get positive or negative attention so long as they are getting some...

John

^^^Somebody got their arse kicked by a Cowboy fan when they were young.

If you want to buy season tickets for the cowboys you can get online when they go on sale next season and buy them with different seating options and packages. If you want to buy season tickets for the packers you can get on the waiting list. Estimated waiting time is 955 years. I think this says a lot more about packers fans vs cowboys fans than any cowboys fan getting online and saying "We have the best fans". But the poll and original post was not even about who has the best fans, it was about America's favorite team.