Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lichum

Christmas Day Chowhound Alert

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Christmas dinner at Mom and Dads house, pretty much the same as thanksgiving dinner but with presents...:D

Turkey, stuffing all the other good stuff.:drool:

Ummm...the usual

Breakfast will be one egg with a table spoon of crumbled sausage and a tablespoon of sauted mushrooms and onions. lunch will be one pealed and sliced kirby cuke with a 1/4 cup of guacamole, 2 baby bell cheeses and diet drink or water. Dinner will be a protein, probably chicken, over a warmed bed of Shirataki noodles. Dessert - 1/3 cup of roasted almonds, wake up the day after and re-start process.

this year at my place.

lasagna, fried calamari, stuffed shells, honey baked ham, fresh mozz, jumbo fresh shrimp cocktail and crab.

the speyside scotch, homemade cheese cake, Tiramisu and cannoli from local moop pastry shop around the corner

here is the text message I got from the misses this morning:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

menu for xmas. let me know if u want/crave something else.

Entree and sides: Prime rib, red potatoes with herbs and butter, spinach soufle, brocolli mac and cheese, and buttered corn.

Apps: lamb chops on grill, shrimp cocktail, olives and cheese, pigs in a blanket, chips and dip, hummus and pita chips, and kilebasa on grill.

dessert i will probably just buy. we'll see if i have time. my mom is making cookies.

i also bought mint chocolates and chocolate covered pretzels. have non-alcoholic drinks. what do u want for alcohol?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cook Christmas Eve.

Just me and Wife this year.

Menu:

Appy: Burata , tomato, roast peppers, basil o&V in a salad on crusty bread

Salad: who cares

Entree: Zuppa di Pesce con Fregula

I have to make the veg stock the night before

the fish stew ingredients: Prawns, mussels, scallops, calamari, fillet of mutton snapper and or sword steak...

Wife will make Christmas day dinner:

Meat balls and ravioli or rigatoni...

:drool:

Turkey

Ham

Saurbraten

Strudel

Ice cream

Oranges (big ones)

Yams

Fresh peas (not frozen)

Homemade rye bread

Rolls

Homemade lemonade:The really good stuff - when the liquid has been drunk I'll eat the pulp at the bottom of the glass.

Ale

Apple juice

Eggnog w/ rum