Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SolarFall

Solar's homemade lure corner

Rate this topic

509 posts in this topic

450That would be swell!

I just made a template off of a Rapala Subwalk that I will start from. In fact, I copied it into Power Point and scaled it to various sizes, so now I have templates for these from 4" - 8"!

Going to start with Western Red Cedar since that is what I have. I may have some Azec trim board too.

Trial and error - the best teacher I suppose!

Thanks for opening our eyes to something new Mikko. It's really lit my fire to get back into the shop!:D

Woody

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodyCT View Post

450That would be swell!

I just made a template off of a Rapala Subwalk that I will start from. In fact, I copied it into Power Point and scaled it to various sizes, so now I have templates for these from 4" - 8"!

Going to start with Western Red Cedar since that is what I have. I may have some Azec trim board too.

Trial and error - the best teacher I suppose!

Thanks for opening our eyes to something new Mikko. It's really lit my fire to get back into the shop!biggrin.gif

Woody

im sure that what ever your gonna do is gonna be cool, trial and error is usually the best teacher all tough it helps if you know someone who has experimented with the stuff before ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max4 View Post

You sir are very talented to say the very least! WOW

thanks max, btw about your pm you send me, sadly since I'm new here i can't use the pm system here I'm guessing i need to reach some post count until i can use it.

Welcome…SolarFall..i love looking over the foreign building forms. Lots of excellent detail work put into baits. Somewhere in the registration were forum rules and I am sure there is a thread somewhere dedicated to it.

There used to be a ton of talented builders sharing on this page, but most have been replaced by those unwilling to contribute anything but look at me threads. It is actual a shame that this subforum receives selective enforcement of rules and is probably a major contributing factor for so many not posting any more.

I dig the tutorial on the eyes…that is what I am talking about with the fine detail you musky guys put into your lures and I love it.

Take a look at the “Fish on Custom Wood” thread, we don’t get enough big musky on that page.

[/url]

The following is a pic of the color combo I like the most….simply sick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by first2wins View Post

Welcome…SolarFall..i love looking over the foreign building forms. Lots of excellent detail work put into baits. Somewhere in the registration were forum rules and I am sure there is a thread somewhere dedicated to it.

There used to be a ton of talented builders sharing on this page, but most have been replaced by those unwilling to contribute anything but look at me threads. It is actual a shame that this subforum receives selective enforcement of rules and is probably a major contributing factor for so many not posting any more.

I dig the tutorial on the eyes…that is what I am talking about with the fine detail you musky guys put into your lures and I love it.

Take a look at the “Fish on Custom Wood” thread, we don’t get enough big musky on that page.

The following is a pic of the color combo I like the most….simply sick.

I've always loved to share my own knowledge with other bait builders, i've always really enjoyed to see what they can do something that i might do and maybe if they do it in a whole different way thats even more awesome and inspiring to me. i guess its just that some of them are pro's and don't want others stealing there ideas. with me it does not matter that much cos most of these paintjobs and methods of doing them take usually a hell of a long time to do anyways so you really cant use it in a profitable commercial way.

i hope everyone survived the holidays, i got something new to show to you guys.

Made these for a Finnish pike angler. The colors are fairly standard i guess but should tease the angry old pikes to want to annihilate these baits. I really love the shape of these, its sort of like the 15 cm model that i do, called teutonic witch this is just longer and well bigger in anyway.

these are 9.1 inches and weight 2.8oz

23 cm veto vaappu sivulta.jpg23 cm veto vaappu mitta suhde.jpg

Unreal Mikko!

Love the bottom one in the first pic. PRETTY!

Been checking out the music you use in your videos. Immortal in particular. Pretty cool stuff! Those Gorgoroth concerts are terrifying however!:shock:

Keep the inspiring pics coming!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodyCT View Post

Unreal Mikko!

Love the bottom one in the first pic. PRETTY!

Been checking out the music you use in your videos. Immortal in particular. Pretty cool stuff! Those Gorgoroth concerts are terrifying however!icon24.gif

Keep the inspiring pics coming!

heh yeah thats how i chose my net alias back in the day from a Immortal song and it kinda stuck with me. i really love metal, and i usually always have something blasting in my ipod while im painting, its kinda my other passion you could say. i've got around 1500 metal/rock albums and the collection is growing all the time :D 

ps. gorgoroth is kinda lame and ride pretty much on shock value. the guys in that band have much better side projects like jotunspor or the awesome wardruna that is really a folk band and has very little to do with metal.

but yeah i have couple of really cool looking baits drying right now will be posting them later ;)  

Your plugs are sensational and like Woody said, inspiring. I really enjoy looking at things designed for different fish and fishing techniques. I think alot of it crosses over well to what we fish for here and adds endless possibilities to what can be made. Love the pics keep them coming.

Mikko,

Welcome to the site. Your passion for the hobby really reflects in your finished baits. I have seen a few of your tube vids before in my quest of honing my own. While mine are not nearly as nice as yours,and the rest of the gangs here. I do have to say my epoxy fears have been helped by your video on the subject. Looking forward to more instructionals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwsmike View Post

Mikko,

Welcome to the site. Your passion for the hobby really reflects in your finished baits. I have seen a few of your tube vids before in my quest of honing my own. While mine are not nearly as nice as yours,and the rest of the gangs here. I do have to say my epoxy fears have been helped by your video on the subject. Looking forward to more instructionals.

its only a matter of having some creativity and a habit to get addicted to things like i do :D the lures i did few years back did not look too fantastic ether, you should just keep at it, over time you will get better if your willing to invest the time to it ;)

i used with both of them some chameleon metallic paints around the head area, depending in what angle you look at the baits its changes from purple pinkish color to light green. A truly yummy detail that i must incorporate with future lures. sometimes less is more.

-Mikko

chs albino ja kulta kylki vihr selkä.jpgchs albino ja kulta kylki vihr selkä 2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by etch a sketch View Post

you my friend have some sick @ss god given talent

Etch

it's only a matter of practicing and having a passion for the hobby you are into, i doubt there is any divine powers at work here ;)

your work is truely a pleasure to look at ....your detail on your lures are truely amazing ....looking at the videos you make it

look so easy...thanks for sharing your God Given Talents with us...look forward to seeing more ...:D