Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gregorjim

Crab Pot Poachers at Pillar Pt. !!

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

A good friend called today saying that Guys are pulling crab pots , cleaning the crabs out & resetting them..One boat caught them & they replied " we're just helping by removing rock crabs for you" & took off..Apparantly a lot of this is going on out there..The guy got a partial boat number .. CF8921 & was a white 18'. Arima with Outboard motor...The guy screwed up & did'nt call the harbor master..Did;nt want to get invoved Perfect chance to get these bums..He told my friend who is posting the info at the boat launch...If you see this boat PLEASE contact the Harbor master by radio , so they'll be waiting at the dock with the sheriff..Get involved & lets get rid of these parasites.....Jim

Pots get robbed all the time atleast they got their pots back. The commercial guys accuse each other of working each others gear all the time over at pillar point. one of my friends got jacked for 6 or 7 last year.

Right Mike...Kirk the writer of Monkeyface news is a friend of my buddy..Thats why the same post...My friend has been getting limits every time out....& big crab also..Seems the crab are real full of meat, not like last year..

When I was crabbing we had a lot of pots picked by poachers. The inconsiderate asshats would just pick the pot and throw it back. It wouldn't have been so bad if they rebaited the pot and closed the lid. The open lid made it easy to tell that we had been poached. Picking someone's crab pot should be a hanging offence, like stealing a man's horse. :mad:

I wonder what will happen if the pot owners catch them in the act "Possibly sink the vessel" :confused:

It would be nice to see how well poachers swim. :th:

trap poachers suck......I do not know what it is about lobster and crab that make people commit such stupid acts.......

Easy pickings Rob. Some one else did all the hard work and some lazy basterd who isn't willing to do the hard work of setting and maintaining traps thinks it won't matter to the guy who set the traps