Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nalu22

Winter Fishing Thread

Rate this topic

99 posts in this topic

P.S. If you're going to call me out, don't fabricate words >never< used in any of my post's..."hot" out. :wave:

P.S. If you're going to call me out, don't fabricate words >never< used in any of my post's..."hot" out. :wave:

Is that the "i know you are out there" approach? :D

winter fishing is about a 1/2 dozen or so trips to the wood river....i used to hit the holdovers but have since decided to leave them be....

How many are really hitting the holdovers? I was thinking of giving it a try since I'm off work next week, but don't want to torture them. Of course, having never fished for holdovers it would prolly be more like casting practice.

Why is it considered "torturing" if you catch a fish in the Winter, but in the Summer it's what "sport." Why not give migrating fish in the Spring a break, after all, they've had a longer journey and could probably use the rest.

Not trying to start WWIII, I really don't get the logic when it's put forth by some. :)

You'd be surprised how many people Winter fish for holdover's, I know I was. :)

Why is it considered "torturing" if you catch a fish in the Winter, but in the Summer it's what "sport." Why not give migrating fish in the Spring a break, after all, they've had a longer journey and could probably use the rest.

Not trying to start WWIII, I really don't get the logic when it's put forth by some. :)

for the record, thats my personal opinion and in no way a suggestion to others.

For me, its the schoolie ratio that keeps me away in the winter, simply giving them some time off...to your point, I would guess hitting them during the hold over stage does less damage than during the year, but I dont know...

I grew up in CT so it was the well known cove in eastern CT that we went after them...you could hit them pretty good each trip out..so I moved here, started hitting the city with less success, but the thought of leaving them alone was already in my head before I moved here...then i just said screw it, I'll hit trout in the winter...exclusively...

all that said, I'm not preaching that folks shouldnt go after them..just giving my personal experience/ thought process...

only people i want to listen to what i say are my kids, and even there, I'll be happy with a 60% success rate :D

Ok, so show me the spots and I'll determine for myself if it's a viable winter activity:)

Check your PM's.

Ok, so show me the spots and I'll determine for myself if it's a viable winter activity:)

60%...we might average out around there; someday's it seem's like 10%!! :D

for the record, thats my personal opinion and in no way a suggestion to others.

For me, its the schoolie ratio that keeps me away in the winter, simply giving them some time off...to your point, I would guess hitting them during the hold over stage does less damage than during the year, but I dont know...

I grew up in CT so it was the well known cove in eastern CT that we went after them...you could hit them pretty good each trip out..so I moved here, started hitting the city with less success, but the thought of leaving them alone was already in my head before I moved here...then i just said screw it, I'll hit trout in the winter...exclusively...

all that said, I'm not preaching that folks shouldnt go after them..just giving my personal experience/ thought process...

only people i want to listen to what i say are my kids, and even there, I'll be happy with a 60% success rate :D

No, I'm not that crazy....yet. :)

It's for a specific person who will know exactly what it mean's.

Arguing with yourself?

I think we should ALL call him out !!! Hey Kevin's Mom, can Kevin come out and play? We need someone with a reeeeeally big head and Charlie Brown is just a cartoon !!!!

(How'd I do? Did I make the list?)...:D