Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish Hunter

HP Laptop Issue

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

DV9000, older machine, 2 gig ram, 120 gi hard drive. Did a clean install of Windows 7, updated it and updated all drivers.

Now, the cursor jumps all over the place when trying to click on an app. If you open control panel, it will run itself over to the right side of the icons. Does it with the touch pad or a mouse. Reloaded drivers, redid the install, and no idea what to do next. System says hardware is fine.

Any suggestions??

this likely isn't helpfully, but the very worst thing you can do to a pc IMHO is upgrade to a bigger operating system. which I am assuming you did. in other words if it is an older machine it likely came with Windows XP, you should have kept XP in it & kept up with patches and updates. W7 is a very robust operating system relying on resources, memory and speed for it to work correctly. Some of which older micines of just a couple of years were not designed for.

Is it related to your mouse and video problem, it's anyone guess?

now if this older machine was originally configured with W7, then shame of me. something in there is causing a conflict it'll cost you some $$ just to have it looked at. The cost of Pcs are dirt cheap now and dropping before you go burning money.

Negative, does it with usb mouse, wireless mouse and the touch pad....Also, will at times beep uncontrollably at startup.

I have a new HO laptop, and will notice the mouse wil have a mind of it's own. At frst I was nevous that someone hacked my computer, but now I realize it's updating software and looking to restart.

not sure if that is helpful.

Just a clarification, it was working fine on (XP? Vista?) before the "upgrade"?

If the lappy is mainly used for internet browsing, etc and there's no Windows programs you MUST run,  I'd try installing Ubuntu. Usually a very easy and painless install. Either that or go back to whatever Win version you were running before.