Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speckhunter80

It's gonna be a smoky Christmas

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Friday smoking 4 racks of St. Loius cut ribs for dinner for my in-laws, mom and the wife and me

Sunday smoking an 8lb ribeye roast as part of Christmas dinner for the aforementioned plus sister and Mother's Minister and his wife

Monday smoking 3 Boston Butts for all minus minister and his wife

For anyone interested the smoker will be kept at 275-280 for the ribeye roast and will cook for 22 minutes a pound ie : 3 hours let stand 25-30 minutes before slicing

The butts will cook at 220-230 for 12 hours

Picking up the pork shoulder today. Mom hosts christmas eve. Has been for some nearly 50 years. She's in her late 70's and dad had a stroke 15 years ago so he's not physically able to help her, so she tries to pull this off on her own. It's too much for her, so this year she is letting us help. My job is the pork roast.

I've been giving this a lot of thought, and decided to use the smoker without the wood chunks and just let the hardwood charcoal provide all the smoke flavor. I am not seeking a southern BBQ flavor, but rather a carribean style mojo criollo.

As for high end beef roasts, I have to admit, as much as I love smoking, I prefer them roasted. I think I might try the charcoal only method on a prime rib roast after the holidays.