Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moonbat

The Filthy Liberal Commie Weekly Standard Crackbacks Ron Paul

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

You just knew this was going to happen.

The Republican Jewish Coalition announced this month that congressman Ron Paul would not be among the six guests invited to participate in its Republican Presidential Candidates Forum. “He’s just so far outside of the mainstream of the Republican party and this organization,” said Matt Brooks, executive director of the RJC, adding that the group “rejects his misguided and extreme views.”

Paul’s exclusion caused an uproar, with critics alleging that his stand on Israel had earned the RJC’s ire; an absolutist libertarian, Paul opposes foreign aid to all countries, including the Jewish state. “This seems to me more of an attempt to draw boundaries around acceptable policy discourse than any active concern that President Dr. Ron Paul would be actively anti-Israel or anti-Semitic,” wrote Reason editor Matt Welch. Chris McGreal of the Guardian reported that Paul “was barred because of his views on Israel.” Even Seth Lipsky, editor of the New York Sun and a valiant defender of Israel (and friend and mentor of this writer), opined, “The whole idea of an organization of Jewish Republicans worrying about the mainstream strikes me as a bit contradictory.”

While Paul’s views on Israel certainly place him outside the American, never mind Republican, mainstream, there is an even more elementary reason the RJC was right to exclude him from its event. It is Paul’s lucrative and decades-long promotion of bigotry and conspiracy theories, for which he has yet to account fully, and his continuing espousal of extremist views, that should make him unwelcome at any respectable forum, not only those hosted by Jewish organizations.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/author/james-kirchick

Many, perhaps most, American Jews tend to be liberal, except when it comes to Israel; then they are downright Neo-Fascist in their Zionism.

Ron Paul is an intuitive guy, as he realizes the correlation between American support of the Zionist State, and the oppression of the Palestinians, which in turn leads to Islamic terrorism against America in retaliation for that blind support of Israel. 9/11 happened for a reason. It was payback for our arrogant stupidity.

Thanks for the vid, OPE. But it's too long for the american voter attention span. Besides, it requires a little thought and that makes their hair hurt.

Moonbat, the fire is starting to come from all directions. Bloomberg citing National Review? :b:http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-20/ron-paul-s-ascent-won-t-last-or-help-his-cause-ramesh-ponnuru.html

Many, perhaps most, American Jews tend to be liberal, except when it comes to Israel; then they are downright Neo-Fascist in their Zionism.

Ron Paul is an intuitive guy, as he realizes the correlation between American support of the Zionist State, and the oppression of the Palestinians, which in turn leads to Islamic terrorism against America in retaliation for that blind support of Israel. 9/11 happened for a reason. It was payback for our arrogant stupidity.

The attacks on America on 9/11 were the result of our support of Israel? This point of view is WAY out of the republican/conservative mainstream. I thought I heard that they hated us because of our "freedom", now I find out that we are stupid and arrogant....for supporting Democracy (and our most faithful ally) in the Middle East. Next time we blunder into another foreign policy nightmare, please speak up. To think, we could have avoided this mess in Afghanistan and Iraq?

You just knew this was going to happen.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/author/james-kirchick

Yes, of course I did, especially recognizing that the political and media establishments are crapping themselves over Paul's rise in the polls. This is right on schedule with the timing used four years ago. It is their firewall when they start getting nervous.

What is disappointing about Paul is when there is absolutely no reason to not see this coming, he does not have a better response. He's had years to prepare one while he was still being ignored between elections, and has the money to do it.

This could be an ideal opportunity to provide the same kind of response Obama had to put out when all the crap about his association with Jeremiah Wright came out..

If the media doesn't cooperate, he's got his own money to work with and it would be well spent.

In the meantime, whenever a reporter wants to badger him about it with repetitious questioning designed to create news rather than report it, he could USE that opportunity to repeat a well polished regret, if they want to persist as the woman at cnn did yesterday, go on and on schooling her about how racism is the result of a collectivist society until her eyes glaze over and they want to turn the camara's off. Make it painful for THEM to ask about it.

If Paul somehow manages to make it to New Hampshire in one piece, look for someone to sneak in his room at night and drive a wooden stake through his heart. The guy can never be considered dead enough for those who would have their gravy train ended.

The attacks on America on 9/11 were the result of our support of Israel? This point of view is WAY out of the republican/conservative mainstream. I thought I heard that they hated us because of our "freedom", now I find out that we are stupid and arrogant....for supporting Democracy (and our most faithful ally) in the Middle East. Next time we blunder into another foreign policy nightmare, please speak up. To think, we could have avoided this mess in Afghanistan and Iraq?

I assume the post above is meant is to be sarcasm,

But, just in case:

They were the result of our foreign policies overall, particularly ME policy. From the overthrow of Iran's elected government in 1952, to propping up Saudi royalty.

The CIA calls this "blow back", and it is also a conclusion of the 911 commission report.

Americans, (at least the stupid and arrogant ones), are someday going to have to come to grips with this.