Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nicebass

Van Staal to be made in silver and black ONLY for 2012. Lefty too!

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

According to the new 2012 VS catalog, vs spinning reels, including lefty version will be made in silver or black ? Catalog is available on the vs website. C-vex fly reels will be in silver only. This is good news for us leftys who could only get gold for awhile.

silver. It's easier to see scratches/marks on a black colored VS than silver or gold.  Never understood why some folks were so against the gold color headscratch.gif.  Too bold I guess?

It's good to see reel makers(VS, Zeebaas, Penn Torque) out there starting to cater to the lefty's or righty's who reel right-handed.  It's about time! That said though, I'd still like to see a lefty 200 size VS. 

My take on VS colors has been that the gold has too much bling for my taste, silver looks the best and the black has least look at all.

If you wanna go Stealth go Black.

My take on VS colors has been that the gold has too much bling for my taste, silver looks the best and the black has least look at all.

If you wanna go Stealth go Black.

i like the gold because when your deep into the water the fish can see the gold reels and it draws them in closer to take a look at the Bling.

I have the vs 200 black and vs 250 silver. I like both colors. It would be nice if vanstaal would offer their customers the option , when having their reels serviced ,if they would like new paint job on their reels.

I have the vs 200 black and vs 250 silver. I like both colors. It would be nice if vanstaal would offer their customers the option , when having their reels serviced ,if they would like new paint job on their reels.

Problem is that it's anodization, not "paint", so changing color is pretty involved and $$$.

I have several black VS but have a VS250 in silver that has grown on me. The silver really hides the marks, but then, the marks on my black ones look cool too. I don't care for the gold, for whatever reason.

It's not just gold, it's called "steal-me gold" - people that buy a gold reel because it looks like it cost a lot of money rather than some bland looking flat black or pewter/silver color often get the attention they wanted when it gets stolen :) Personally, I'll always choose the least steal-me color a reel comes in - black or grey or pewter...something that doesn't even shine :)

TimS