Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
siphon1

Penn 704z

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I received a brand new 704z from a friend who won it at his company christmas party. so is this a good reel? I fish conventional so I am going to let the wife use it. It seems a little too heavy for plugging, is it good for bait?

Do you find it to be heavy? I'm not used to spinning reels but it feels heavy to me. Can it handle being used for bait. My wife is petite so i"m worried about the weight of the reel for plugging. I think after 5 casts her arm will be worn out! Lol!

Do you find it to be heavy? I'm not used to spinning reels but it feels heavy to me. Can it handle being used for bait. My wife is petite so i"m worried about the weight of the reel for plugging. I think after 5 casts her arm will be worn out! Lol!

Yeah it's a bit heavy- bait will be find and yes I get a bit tired when I use it for plugging :D

This reel is a work horse. Plenty of info right here on SOL. Pack it with grease to make it watertight and MAKE SURE to give it a good rinse after every use; don't dunk it...if you can help it. Like mentioned, a bit heavy but this reel will last a lifetime, if you give it care. :)

Thanks for the reply's! As I said I fish conventional so I have no clue when it comes to spinning reels. My wife uses whatever I give her! (Just the way it should be! LOL! ) I'm just trying to find out whatever I can about the reel so I can take care of it. Is there anything else I should know? Any specific type of grease or just regular marine grease? Thanks again to everyone for their help!