Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darth Baiter

NJ rod needs a ride to Mass

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Long shot here - SOL member pettypace from Duxbury MA bid on a 11'4" one-piece Lami I listed in the BST. Problem is it can't be shipped, cheaply, and neither one of us is heading the other's way anytime in the near future. Anyone heading to Boston for the holidays want to transport this bad boy? Compensation can be negotiated. Just throwing this out there. Thanks for considering.

What he said................if it can wait until the Food Fling, I will take care of it no problem.

Unbeknownst to you, you've always been Plan B. :D I figure I should work on a Plan A in the meantime, perhaps with inside storage, and not make assumptions. How long is the Volvo? ;)

Actually, if need be, I THINK I could get the 11"4" inside with some creative packing. I never use it, but the Volvo has a small fold down access to the trunk built into the center of the back seat, just for the purpose of transporting something like skis or other long objects.

And, one year when Lou (Spig) had me bring back a rod from him to someone here, he put it in a PVC tube which I still have, and could bring along, which would protect it from the elements and road splatter. I would have to measure how long it is though.

If you supply the ride, I'll supply the protection. ;) Why does that sound so wrong? :confused:

If and when the time comes I'll rig something up for that and all your other rods. I have some PVC and cardboard tubes in my garage and I'll see what else I can find as we have time.