Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charleston

computer info

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I keep getting an "alert" at the top of my web page that says "Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting"

This just started the last couple days. What is it?

Is it on the same thread or page? If it is, it may be server side, stored, non sanitized html. Could be harmless but just interpreted by the browser as an attempt to inject and execute bad stuff. Or it could be real. Have you received any emails directing you to SOL? And if so, have you used the link in the email to connect?

Is it on the same thread or page? If it is, it may be server side, stored, non sanitized html. Could be harmless but just interpreted by the browser as an attempt to inject and execute bad stuff. Or it could be real. Have you received any emails directing you to SOL? And if so, have you used the link in the email to connect?

No no emails. Infact my Microsoft Outlook program is not working. I'm waiting for my computer guy to try to figure that out. My entire system has slowed way down as well. I think my machine needs a good tune up.

No no emails. Infact my Microsoft Outlook program is not working. I'm waiting for my computer guy to try to figure that out. My entire system has slowed way down as well. I think my machine needs a good tune up.

stop looking at the hottie thread :D

Can't help ya much Bill, other than to note that someone else (SDF) has addressed this here:

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/828578/cross-site-scripting-attack

Tim has yet to respond to that thread.

Steve; I don't get that error box. I simply get an alert saying IE is protecting script error from happening.

That is a good explaination however, thanks.

You tell me and we will both know :confused: I am getting it too for over two months :confused: If it is from Microsoft then it should run hidden and not be a popup. What I do know about programming someone didn't close it out with a < _/>. The underscore represents(replaced with a T.H,P,S) these letter represent the structure like T for Title H for header P for paragraph...etc. Cross scripting means that upgrades are being written to the program within internet exployer ;)

You tell me and we will both know :confused: I am getting it too for over two months :confused: If it is from Microsoft then it should run hidden and not be a popup. What I do know about programming someone didn't close it out with a < _/>. The underscore represents(replaced with a T.H,P,S) these letter represent the structure like T for Title H for header P for paragraph...etc. Cross scripting means that upgrades are being written to the program within internet exployer ;)

The alert contains instructions on how to "shut it off" I am not sue that is the correct thing to do.

IE is complaining because it 'perceives' that something (html or script) exists on either the client side or the server side. This is most likely from a bad piece of code in an Ad. When you see the message does anything else look 'goofy' on the page (EX lines of code (usually Javascript) where and AD should be? The rotation of Ads can explain why it doesn't happen all the time. If it does happen all the time, there may be a client side problem (on your machine).

Why don't u guys try to download firefox or chrome? It will run better then IE n safer

What he says or You have to launch Internet Explorer if it is already closed.

Now go to Tools and choose Internet Options from the Menu bar.

Now click on Security Tab and choose Custom level.

Now you have to search for Disable XSS Filter from the drop down list and simply click on it.

Why don't u guys try to download firefox or chrome? It will run better then IE n safer

I know this is an easy throwaway line (and believe me nobody wants to beat MS to death with Tammy's uterus more than me) but it isn't necessarily true ;)

Now you have to search for Disable XSS Filter from the drop down list and simply click on it.

Could do that. Be worth a little investigation though, but my moneys on a bad Ad.