Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Do the Jets have to beat the Giants next week...

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

...to have any shot of a wildcard berth? My guess is if they can afford one more loss (but limit it to that), they'll still cash in on a wildcard...but I'm not sure what one loss (I presume against the G-men - which is why I specified that game) would do to them

Too early to think about playing the Giants. Need to get past the Eagles first. IF they win today, then you can worry about the boys in blue. I'd be more cognizant of the outcomes of the Bengal, Raider and the Bronco games today, than the Giant game next week.

Btw - question to both the Giants and Jets fans; since they both share the same stadium, will the fact that the Jets are the listed hometeam make any kind of difference in percentage of jets to giants fans attending the game? I think that's only a small factor and it's more of a curious/trivial question vs something I think is significant

it will be majority Jet fans . but they'll be plenty of Giant fans too . with the price of a ticket there's plenty of people willing to sell...to anybody .

meantime the last thing the Jets need is a desperate Giants next week . if the Giants don't turn it around soon it's starting to look that way .

between now and 7:30 tonight you don't know what the hell's gonna happen and how things will be next week . :)

Btw - question to both the Giants and Jets fans; since they both share the same stadium, will the fact that the Jets are the listed hometeam make any kind of difference in percentage of jets to giants fans attending the game? I think that's only a small factor and it's more of a curious/trivial question vs something I think is significant

Don't matter which fan shows up, The only time that place gets loud is when the boo birds show up. That stadium is bland, generic, overpriced and a disgrace to the fans of both teams. Both teams screwed up royally, they should each have had their own stadiums. Giants should have built on the footprint of old Yankee Stadium and Jets should have built on the old foot print of Shea (where their real fans are and where they belong) or one of them should have built rail yards in Manhattan. Just goes to show you that the owners care nothing of the real fan. Maybe our grandchildren will get to see it that way one day. :dismay:

Don't matter which fan shows up, The only time that place gets loud is when the boo birds show up. That stadium is bland, generic, overpriced and a disgrace to the fans of both teams. Both teams screwed up royally, they should each have had their own stadiums. Giants should have built on the footprint of old Yankee Stadium and Jets should have built on the old foot print of Shea (where their real fans are and where they belong) or one of them should have built rail yards in Manhattan. Just goes to show you that the owners care nothing of the real fan. Maybe our grandchildren will get to see it that way one day. :dismay:

No reason the Jets and Mets couldn't share a stadium, except Woody Johnson wanted nothing to do w Queens. The old Yankee Stadium lot was turned back into parks, because parkland was used for the new Stadium.

No reason the Jets and Mets couldn't share a stadium, except Woody Johnson wanted nothing to do w Queens. The old Yankee Stadium lot was turned back into parks, because parkland was used for the new Stadium.

true . the Mara's pulled the Giants out and they were loooooong gone .

Woody had a chance for Queens but after the West Side fiasco bolted too .

:(

Ok - both teams put themselves in a hole this week...which team is better equipped to win the 'must win' game? Historically, is the Sanchez led Jets or Eli led Giants? To me, it seems like Eli has better been able to put his team on his shoulders and 'will' his team to some wins...losses like last week seem to come from a total lack of effort vs choking. I don't know the stats, but it seems like Sanchez is more likely to make a 'pressure' related mistake, although I don't know of too many instances this season...And don't forget that Eli has one al'mighty notch under his belt in terms of clutch (2007)