Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
owen32

EPO on the Job

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

First time i have ever seen EPO's checking for fishing permits. Good to know that they do that some times?

icon14.gif

Seen 2 officers checking permits at the local pond i was fishing this morning..

This fall while bird hunting in the western part of the state, I had two EPOs check the registration on my truck!:confused:

Thats what you get for badmouthing them all the time!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure the DCR also alerted them to!

EPO's run plate numbers all the time. That's why they ask people to report plate numbers of poachers if possible.

I'm not sure that's what these guys were up to? I was sitting there with my dog, eating my lunch when they came along. Sort of out in the middle of nowhere. Which surprised me to see these boys so far off the beaten path. :laugh: They asked to see my lic, LTC, and look at my 28ga. Then asked to see the registration to my truck.

I can't say the guy wasn't nice, and also professional, b/c he was both of those. Just surprised me to get asked for my reg.

I'm not sure that's what these guys were up to? I was sitting there with my dog, eating my lunch when they came along. Sort of out in the middle of nowhere. Which surprised me to see these boys so far off the beaten path. :laugh: They asked to see my lic, LTC, and look at my 28ga. Then asked to see the registration to my truck.

I can't say the guy wasn't nice, and also professional, b/c he was both of those. Just surprised me to get asked for my reg.

It's called profiling Bob, been in the news quite a bit lately, if you look the part.................... Maybe they want to talk to the dog, running loose on the beach, that dead dolphin last year and a few other things that wer'nt mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

....... Just surprised me to get asked for my reg.

You may or not know this, but every time someone " runs your plate" that run information is recorded in your data file.

This means the next time your plate is run, the individual will see that your plate was previously run.

It's called profiling Bob, been in the news quite a bit lately, if you look the part.................... Maybe they want to talk to the dog, running loose on the beach, that dead dolphin last year and a few other things that wer'nt mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Oh Bernie, you're a funny guy! :laugh: Yea, they're profiling guys like me.

ENVIRONMENTAL POLICE....PROFILE ALERT***

"We are now stopping and questioning males meeting the following description:

Middle age.

Alone.

Found in remote, difficult to access areas.

Laying on the ground, eating their lunch.

Often in the company of friendly, expensive dogs."

These suspects are know as ......."bird hunters"

You may or not know this, but every time someone " runs your plate" that run information is recorded in your data file.

This means the next time your plate is run, the individual will see that your plate was previously run.

:snr:

EPO was at the Pamet this summer during a tuna blitz off P'Town. He checked all the paper checklist, license, tuna permit, boat reg, Every EPO or Coastie I have encountered has been professional and courteous. I don't think they like to be out early or late, but 9 to 5 they are there!;)

EPO was at the Pamet this summer during a tuna blitz off P'Town. He checked all the paper checklist, license, tuna permit, boat reg, Every EPO or Coastie I have encountered has been professional and courteous. I don't think they like to be out early or late, but 9 to 5 they are there!;)

They're out late too. I've been checked at 2the am on the canal and I've been out in the woods (ATV) at 11 at night and seen them. They're not bad guys, well except for one who has really earned his reputation. If you just cringed then you know who I'm talking about ;)

They're out late too. I've been checked at 2the am on the canal and I've been out in the woods (ATV) at 11 at night and seen them. They're not bad guys, well except for one who has really earned his reputation. If you just cringed then you know who I'm talking about ;)

I have met a few over time, never at crazy hours, but they have all been friendly to me, of course, i have all my pieces of paper together. Same goes for the coasties

Oh yeah, they checked permits on saturday. Went back on the same spot sunday, they came by same time. This they didnt checked permits this time. They just parked there and stayed warm in there vehicles. Probly scared of a little bit of snow.

They didnt catch the guys taking more than the trout limit.