Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
landwave

Iceburgs

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

We thought we'd extend a welcome out to you Ct folks. Ct plates already out number RI plates in the lot, so we might as well get to know each other in the daylight. Iceburgs is a yearly get together at the Charlestown Breachway parking lot. It's basically a sick of winter waiting for fish kind of thing. We try to catch the elusive iceburgs in the flow of the chanel. Not one has been landed yet, but that doesn't keep us from trying :) It's time to test swim new plugs, throw new gear Santa brought, whatever. It's also about food , fun, standing in the parking lot and lying to each other all day. Everyone brings something. There's usually a grill. this event is kid freindly too, as long as they can stand the cold!

Saturday, January 21st is the chosen date, we usually start milling about somewhere around 10.

Hope to see some of you there

20 views and one post! It's really just a winter get together. If you don't believe me, there is a similar thread in the RI forum. Or would you rather just come in at night to take our fish? ;)

Landwave,

Some of us may be feeling a bit sheepish about catching your fish at night and then coming up and catching your iceburgs and eating your food in broad daylight,

Kidding aside, how late in the day does this event usually go? I work Friday night, but I could make it up there around noonish. Do you all sign up for different chow or is there potentially 6 different pots of chili?

I'm putting this on my calendar. I'd love to meet some of the RI guys.

aram

We usually last into the late afternoon. Whatever you bring will be eaten, unless it's artichoke hearts or something healthy, or otherwise good for us. ;)

If you have the patience to read thru the twin thread in the Rhody forum, a few have posted what they will bring. maybe we should start a new thread with food promises.

There is a food thread in thr RI forum if anyone wants to bring something, just sign up. We do have a few guys come down from Mass, so we thought we'd extend the invite further south. C-town sees a lot of people through out the year, this is just a chance for us all get together. If you do check out the other thread, you'll see a lot of ball busting, but generally it's a good group of guys. I know we've all learned a lot from each other, everyone has something to add. Come on down!

In the past, the lure do jour has been 5 ounce bucktails in the most hideous colors we can find. But, since 95% of an iceburg is below the surface, I'm starting to think we should try topwater, especially yellow topwater.. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

In the past, the lure do jour has been 5 ounce bucktails in the most hideous colors we can find. But, since 95% of an iceburg is below the surface, I'm starting to think we should try topwater, especially yellow topwater.. wink.gif

I can mix up some heinous overblow mixed color powder paint and sprinkle it on hot 5 oz smiling bills, that oughta work, huh? 

I'll do my damndest to be there. I haven met a Rhody fisherman yet I don't count as a friend. 

Thank you for extending the invite! Class move, bravo zulu! 

You oughta choose your friends a little more carefully!

You oughta choose your friends a little more carefully!......Landwave

Take it easy on him Glen, he don't know any better..........yet :moon::scared: