Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RJ

Cape Code Ramps - Ryder's Cove, Chatham, Sesuit and Barnstable.

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Gentlemen,

Last winter there was a thread about Ryder's Cove having a $20.00 Daily fee for non-residents, the Susuit East Side Ramp being closed for repairs and the possibility of confusion at the Newly configured Barnstable Ramp.

This informational not was published on the Wicked LOCAL Chatham site about Ryder's Cove on Feb. 9, 2011.

CHATHAM — Selectmen have signed off on a plan that aims to alleviate congestion at Ryder’s Cove boat ramp. The waterways advisory committee drafted the plan after a banner bass season flooded the landing with fishermen and flare-ups. To help keep the numbers in check, the committee proposed a daily ramp fee for out-of-towners. The fee would be in effect from July 6 to Sept. 30, excluding Labor Day. Those who want to buy a $20 permit can do so no earlier than 24 hours in advance. Forty permits are available each day and may be purchased through the town’s website. Up to $200 in fines can be levied on those who park without a permit.

“That should be discouragement enough,” Bob Hamblet, chairman of the waterways board, told selectmen.

With an eye on coming to Cape Cod this Spring I'd appreciate an up date of the three locations.

Did the $20.00 daily fee sort out the contension at Ryder's Cove? And will Chatham continue to enforce the fee in July thru Sept for 2012?

Was the Susuit East side ramp repaired this year and will it be available this coming season?

If this a free or fee ramp? If a fee ramp How much a day for visitors?

BobG - How did you find the Barnstable Ramp this past season as far as accessability, parking and fees?

I'd appreciate an up date for the coming Season in 2012.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

The east Sesuit finally came into operation in July, they did a nice job although the job timing was I suppose was off the beam. The ramp was widened a bit and now has a walk out float on both sides, one for in and one for outgoing traffic. Compared to my past usage I used it only a couple times and need to get used to its steeper angle. Overall I’d give it 4 ½ stars. Season parking I thing was about $60, and around $10 for WE, $6 for week day. FREE if only dropping in the boat and not parking there.

Judging by my non-scientific count using google maps, I would say 70 spots for truck/trailers on the east side.West side maybe 40 in the dirt lot behind the bathrooms

I'd say that's close to my guess. I'd add that it has plenty of openings during the summer on WEEKDAYS. I'll probably be sorry I said that!:beatin:

I'd say that's close to my guess. I'd add that it has plenty of openings during the summer on WEEKDAYS. I'll probably be sorry I said that!:beatin:

Thank you StriperZ and visch1. Not to worry this thread isn't getting a big play and I'll only be a threat in early June.

Now all I need is a commet on the Barnstable Ramp upgrade at Blish Point and I'll consider my intel collecting a success.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

PS thanks for the Google Sat. idea. I should be able to take a peek at Millway rd and the Barnstable Ramp.

im not aware of an upgrade at blish point. i used the ramp in the spring (may) and it was a horrible as ever with sand covering the bottom quarter of the ramp. without 4x4, it's pretty hopeless at anything less then high tide. they did do a significant construction job on the slips at the southern end of the marina which collapsed into the harbor after a storm a few years back. that is now open for business. the parking at the ramp itself probably holds 40 vehicles +/- but it all depends on how well folks park as there are no painted lines.

hope this helps.

I sed Blish Point all summer and fall. Like Brad said, the bottom 1/4 of the ramp was covered in an inch or so of sand. We barely got my buddies 28 foot rampage outta there at low tide, on one of our last tuna trips.