Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
salmonneed help

the cure

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

just wondering how guys cure their shrimp, i got introduced to fishing with cured shrimp yesterday on the russian. between my buddy and i we landed 3 native steelhead. he bought his cured shrimp in guernville. i determined that the shrimp we got up there were cooked before curing so i got myself some cooked shrimp and i started to cure just like i would cure roe. if anybody has better experience feel free to share.

I emailed ProCure about curing ghost shrimp a year ago when I started pumping my own. From what I recall, they told me that it was difficult and not really worth it. I guess they just fall apart or something. I know they sell cured ghostshrimp but I've never tried it. I haven't had much luck on the frozen stuff. Though I use to fish for sturgeon.

ghost shrimp are pretty fragile and i can understand why they would fall apart. the shrimp i'm talking about are just your average safeway shrimps usually sold raw and cooked. i just rotated my cure bag and it is almost identical to roe at this point. i've got a few days ahead that i'm lining up to fish and this batch will be put to the test.