Sandy Hook rip closed due to dredging

Rate this topic

CLOnj

The Rip or do you mean False Hook ??

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Is North Beach still open?

The last lot is closed, starting where the pavement ends and the dirt area begins. Is that K lot? You can park just before it in the last paved lot on the right and walk on to North Beach, but canly head so far towards the end before you have to stop.

NOBODY here has a pass to blow out someone else's candle in order to make theirs shine brighter. TLDig[

Nah................the Hook stemming from the bay side.....the Fasle Hook is actually at the bottom of the bend.....on the ocean side would be the Sandy Hook Channel.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

I heard the Hook started getting productive later the year, but its was mostly dead from August - October. We fished it hard, and aside from the occasional short, skate, or blue, caught nothing - even during heavy winds when bunker were pressed up at the false rip. We speculated hurricane Irene did some serious underwater restructuring that had a pretty big impact on productivity.

That said, I'm guessing the dredging has nothing to do this and this has more to do with something else (like bridge maintenance)?

Typical closing at the hook...seems to happen nevery year...some area is closed off to the fisherman...but they still will happily take your $50 fishing permit fee...waiting to see if that will be going up.

had a ranger tell me this fall that it will be $100 next year. :(

• 3 weeks later...