Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RegDunlop

Putting together a resume, PAY services?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I have used a pay service. Through the years, it has worked quite well. PM me and I will provide additional info. The place was on Long Island, but I'm pretty sure it could be done over the phone.

I too have paid, but that was years ago. Your biggest challenge will not be the resume itself, but networking yourself and positioning yourself to be considered into a job. unfortunately the resume is not the vehicle today to do so. it is but one step in getting a job

I too have paid, but that was years ago. Your biggest challenge will not be the resume itself, but networking yourself and positioning yourself to be considered into a job. unfortunately the resume is not the vehicle today to do so. it is but one step in getting a job

not necessarily looking for a job right now, I would just like to have a current, professionally done resume, but now as always it usually comes down to who you know

Yeah, unless you're really cold calling, like someone with no experience, a resume isn't that key, it won't get you a job, but could keep you out of one. 

Depending on the industry you're in, a recruiter can be the way to go.  You'll still want a resume, but by this point in your career (I'm assuming) the basics of what you've done will be tough to squeeze into a single page anyway, and you'll know the import stuff better than someone who has no knowledge of your industry and your accomplishments. 

Also, resume's are like choosing the right rod, what feels just right to you will not be anything like what someone else wants.

I know that's some seriously disjointed commentary, but I hope it's useful. 

not necessarily looking for a job right now, I would just like to have a current, professionally done resume, but now as always it usually comes down to who you know

Well then just google resumes, as in existing.then cut an paste one of the gazzillions that will be found, into word and substitute your work "history"

Or option 2 would be to explore places like The Ladder or monsterdotcom for help

believe it or not, NYS Unemployement Offices have very good resources for wirting a resume, which might be a good pace to stary to get you basic resume done.

Today, it's about getting past the HE software so that a human will see it.

as alrady said, nothing beats networking.

Get you Linkedin account up to speed. And use it to make face-to-face meetings with people. Don't use it to get any interviews, use it to meet people to learn what's going on in the industry

i run numerous one stop career centers in MA, if you want, you can email me your info and I can have one of my staff create a few different types of resumes for you....

Quote:

Originally Posted by NS Mike D View Post

believe it or not, NYS Unemployement Offices have very good resources for wirting a resume, which might be a good pace to stary to get you basic resume done.

Today, it's about getting past the HE software so that a human will see it.

as alrady said, nothing beats networking.

Get you Linkedin account up to speed. And use it to make face-to-face meetings with people. Don't use it to get any interviews, use it to meet people to learn what's going on in the industry

I'd take this guys advice, because I'll bet he's very well aware of how to find new jobs. 

Do you not have one at all? Is this more than just updating a previous one?

I have not updated it in prbobly 8 years. I did it myself , so I can update it , thougt maybe somebody here had feedback on wether it is worth the $$$$ to have a pro do it, andmaybe somebody here had a recommendation.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.