Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FoliFish

iPad back button brings me back in time

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I went to a thread from the Plugs WTS forum today. After viewing I used the back button to return to the list of threads in that forum. Instead of going back to the current list, it brought me back to a point yesterday. Any threads started after about 8 last night were not listed. Very strange, but kind of cool at the same time.

I tried it with a few different threads and had the same results.

I went to a thread from the Plugs WTS forum today. After viewing I used the back button to return to the list of threads in that forum. Instead of going back to the current list, it brought me back to a point yesterday. Any threads started after about 8 last night were not listed. Very strange, but kind of cool at the same time.

I tried it with a few different threads and had the same results.

It has to do with the thread cache. Your computer keeps a copy of different pages - like the thread listing in a forum. It helps speed things up when the pages load. When you hit the back button, it can get confusing in the cache :freak: One a site with lots of java and scripts, hitting the back button can be particularly confusing to your browser as each page is someone generated when you click a link. Hitting the back button tells your browser to go back to the last version of the page that it has - if it didn't update the cache when you clicked whatever you clicked to get where you are, then you are taken back to the last time your cache was updated...in your case, yesterday at 8PM :)

It only seems right that a functional back button could take you back in time ;)

TimS