Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bill22

any daiwa bg 30 reel users help with fireline?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

looking to see if any fellow bg 30 reel users know if i will get the 300 yds of 20 the spool? i always used a top shot( 150 yds) but bought a 2nd spool and want to fill them both with the 300 or at least yds. also how many wraps at minimul will i need for backing or dont you need it for this? i dont really see the fireline slip as much as braid ,,,,,, thanks

it will slip so a mono backing is needed , 5' - 10' maybe . load it on a spool then backing . then load that on the second spool . keep track of what was needed . then use that calculation to fill the other spool . a B&T store could do it for you for a fee .

looking to see if any fellow bg 30 reel users know if i will get the 300 yds of 20 the spool? i always used a top shot( 150 yds) but bought a 2nd spool and want to fill them both with the 300 or at least yds. also how many wraps at minimul will i need for backing or dont you need it for this? i dont really see the fireline slip as much as braid ,,,,,, thanks

My favorite workhorse reel. You will get 300 yds. of 20 on but backing is a must.

I use a variable speed drill with a sewing machine pedal to fill and take line off my reels.

good to hear the whole spool will fit.. like i said i bought a second spool so i will always have a backup in case...... i also love these reels. i dont care how clunky or old school style they feel.

hey guy. i have a bg30 on an 10' ugly stick that i throw bait with. amazing.....

anyways yes u can get 300 yrds on the spool. i dont use backing but i put a couple wraps of electrical tape on first. caught numerous fish and no prob. remember its a tank reel but for the love of god dont dunk it or drop in sand......yeeesh. i use 50 lb spiderwire. if u need pm me and ill post pic of my setup.