Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Elevators...

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

As one woman in NYC can attest to, they can actually cause you to lose weight - via significant blood loss:-(

In any event, I'm too claustrophobic for those things - so I couldn't tell you the dietary/nutritional effects from personal experience

There are safeties and safeties for the safeties. The problems come from lack of maintenance. Escalators are way more dangerous. Most elevator fatalities are from the car going up uncontrolled. The counter weight makes the car smash into the top of the shaft.

There are safeties and safeties for the safeties. The problems come from lack of maintenance. Escalators are way more dangerous. Most elevator fatalities are from the car going up uncontrolled. The counter weight makes the car smash into the top of the shaft.

(?) Overtravel area... Offset sheaves...Dogs...Traction braking...(?)

Agree about the lack of maintenance...that's why they get inspected regularly (that and filling the the union's and others pockets)

This does make sense - however, from the little I know about the story out of NYC last week, this had little to do with that accident

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortez The Killie Killer View Post

O-Tay, Tubby! wink.gif

I may not be a lightweight, but it's definitely not because of elevators. 

See where your logic is crap yet? 

This does make sense - however, from the little I know about the story out of NYC last week, this had little to do with that accident

:eek: In that NY City accident, didn't the person get squeezed to death by the elevator's doors? :eek:

:eek: In that NY City accident, didn't the person get squeezed to death by the elevator's doors? :eek:

i heard the elevator rose suddenly when she was entering and she was crushed between the elevator itself and the shaft wall. just horrible.

i heard the elevator rose suddenly when she was entering and she was crushed between the elevator itself and the shaft wall. just horrible.

So that's what happened.

:( I'm sorry the tragic accident occured so close to Christmas. :(