Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nipsip

Republicans Put Seniors On Notice - Will End Medicare As We Know It

Rate this topic

74 posts in this topic

Both Romney and Gingrich vocally support Ryan's budget which would end Medicare as we know it.

Here is what the WSJ had to say about Ryan's plan.

“The GOP Budget Plan Would Essentially End Medicare. “The plan would essentially end Medicare, which now pays most of the health-care bills for 48 million elderly and disabled Americans, as a program that directly pays those bills.” - Wall Street Journal, 4/4/2011

Romney: “I Believe It Is A Very Important Step To Protect Medicare...We’re Going To Have To Make Changes Like The Ones Paul Ryan Proposed.” - Last Debate

The former speaker sang Ryan’s praises for being a 'brave’ 'man of ideas,’ like Gingrich himself. 'But would you have voted for Ryan’s plan?’ I pressed. 'Sure,’ Gingrich replied.” - Time Magazine

Seniors would be forced to pay $6K out of pocket prior to any Medicare supplemental policies which usually run around $100 a month.

Are the people who vote for Republicans so stupid they cannot see what is happening? The goal is not to end Medicare as we know it but to end Medicare, period. That goes for Social Security as well.

50% of seniors live off SS and the average is currently $1,177 per month. Having to pay $6K a year would end healthcare for 50% of all seniors

Good. :th:

We can't afford it anymore.

Kill it off, and Social Security too.

Get the government out of the health insurance, disability and retirement business. They suck at it.

KoQ BloQ the Government! :clap:

Hey Nip, in case you failed to notice, "medicare as we know it" is bankrupting us.

all wee need to do it tax the rich more......thats the solution of course. It always is........

“The GOP Budget Plan Would Essentially End Medicare. “The plan would essentially end Medicare, which now pays most of the health-care bills for 48 million elderly and disabled Americans, as a program that directly pays those bills.” - Wall Street Journal, 4/4/2011

Medicare as we know it will become medicare as we knew it whether we fix it via the Ryan plan or just let it collapse via the Dems non-plan. Out of those 48 million elderly how much will their costs go up under the Ryan plan? ZERO, That's ZERO with a Z ! How about those 55 and older? Another big goose egg, zero,nada! In addition to fixing MC & SS, the Ryan plan balances the budget by 2080. All the other plans are jokes, merly cutting the proposed growth of spending and affect no actual cuts.

Seniors would be forced to pay $6K out of pocket prior to any Medicare supplemental policies which usually run around $100 a month.

This is ignoring the fact that the Ryan plan will pay seniors a yearly amount to buy their own insurance. The  allotment Amount has yet to be determined and the quoted 6K figure for healthcare costs is just a guess so all these figure are conjecture at best.   

50% of seniors live off SS and the average is currently $1,177 per month. Having to pay $6K a year would end healthcare for 50% of all seniors

Again, NOT ONE of these seniors will have their costs go up and neither will anyone reaching SS age in the succeeding ten years after Ryan plan adoption.

There isn't a day that goes by without some hysterical liberal yelling about Bush running up the debt.  Every year Obama's gang has more than doubled George Bush's biggest deficit and there's no end in site except the end of America.

So, as usual, the people calling everyone else stupid for trying to stave off the trainwreck we're heading for are actually the one's with their heads in the sand.

Thank goodness if PBO gets a second term, he now has the law he needs to just lock up those wascally wepubwicans indefinitely with no charges and no trials. Hopefully he will and we can finally get a rational, efficient, compassionate nanny, i mean gubbmint.

Oh, I forgot fair. Fair gubbmint where all unincarcerated repubwicans do their fair share, pull their fair weight, endure their fair chastisement and demonization with none of those unfair objections.

Are the people that start threads like this "so stupid they cannot see what is happening?" 

I think the goal is to not be Greece, to not go broke. This country is buried under a staggering, mind boggling mountain of unfunded liabilities. As a result of the ease with which these government programs (read 'entitlements' if you have any common sense or in the alternative, read "investments" if you already drank the Koolaid) heretofore have been accessible to both citizens and those who are not legal citizens, it is simply unsustainable. Our government has created such an entitlement mentality in its citizenry and culture that we are financially, as a nation, on the brink of disaster. It doesn't really matter what goverenment funded programs you would like to see continued, expandeded etc., if there is no money to pay for them. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, Congressional Retirements,....... you name it, they are all in need of sweeping reform if this country is to survive. 

P.S. - With any luck, neither Romney nor Gingrich will secure the Republican Nomination! Hopefully we can get a REAL conservative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipsip View Post

Both Romney and Gingrich vocally support Ryan's budget which would end Medicare as we know it.

Here is what the WSJ had to say about Ryan's plan.

Romney: “I Believe It Is A Very Important Step To Protect Medicare...We’re Going To Have To Make Changes Like The Ones Paul Ryan Proposed.” - Last Debate

The former speaker sang Ryan’s praises for being a 'brave’ 'man of ideas,’ like Gingrich himself. 'But would you have voted for Ryan’s plan?’ I pressed. 'Sure,’ Gingrich replied.” - Time Magazine

Are the people who vote for Republicans so stupid they cannot see what is happening? The goal is not to end Medicare as we know it but to end Medicare, period. That goes for Social Security as well.

.. Hopefully he will and we can finally get a rational, efficient, compassionate nanny, i mean gubbmint.

Oh, I forgot fair. Fair gubbmint where all unincarcerated repubwicans do their fair share, pull their fair weight, endure their fair chastisement and demonization with none of those unfair objections.

Let fairness be our touchstone and sharing wealth our goal.

sgd. SQUEALER

seniors will get their Medicare and SS. the baby boomers are HELL BENT on destroying the country. they feel entitled to it. they think they paid into it and deserve their hand outs come hell or high water. regardless of the money they have already spent on themselves. they are going to hand us all a big crap sandwich and they couldn't care less as long as they get theirs. sad but true.

some of the Republicans here are the biggest proponents of getting their hand outs no matter what harm it causes. persue some of the old SS threads here. the sense of liberal entitlement amongst the RJ's, RW's, and knights here is sickening. SICKENING.

i say we fire up the death panels. you can't fund your own retirement? kids won't take you in? BOOM! euthenasia to the head. next!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post

seniors will get their Medicare and SS. the baby boomers are HELL BENT on destroying the country. they feel entitled to it. they think they paid into it and deserve their hand outs come hell or high water. regardless of the money they have already spent on themselves. they are going to hand us all a big crap sandwich and they couldn't care less as long as they get theirs. sad but true.

some of the Republicans here are the biggest proponents of getting their hand outs no matter what harm it causes. persue some of the old SS threads here. the sense of liberal entitlement amongst the RJ's, RW's, and knights here is sickening. SICKENING.

i say we fire up the death panels. you can't fund your own retirement? kids won't take you in? BOOM! euthenasia to the head. next!

Jonsey,

Boomers are hell bent on destroying the country???  We were forced BY LAW to pay into these programs for the last 45 years (at least in my case) and now that the politicians have sqandered our contributions, do you expect us to say "forget about your obligations to us" while the govt is paying people to stay home in exchange for votes? Being self employed, I had to pay both halves of SS, a tidy sum that would be worth a half million today with even a modest rate of return. How would you like it if the manager of your 401 said they spent your retirement money and if you demand payment that YOU are ruining the country and should be euthanized.