Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bae7837

best "new school" lure

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Ok guys its a long winter. So as a small distraction from the fish"in itch"in id like to hear your best new school bass lures. id have to say mine is Yozuri crystal minnow black back.

as with anything it depends what you are trying to match.The best new sand eel lure IMHO is the Bill Hurley mole tail .The SP minnow is a real catcher too the last 2 seasons,they cast great and work well with a variety of different bait fish around ( just harden the hooks if large are around)

Never swam one but I see a lot of Northbar bottle darters around.

I believe the NBD's have been out for roughly 2 years maybe 3, I do well on the darters & pencils and yes I consider them new school but they pass the test..

Carlos

as with anything it depends what you are trying to match.The best new sand eel lure IMHO is the Bill Hurley mole tail .The SP minnow is a real catcher too the last 2 seasons,they cast great and work well with a variety of different bait fish around ( just harden the hooks if large are around)

agree on the sand eel idea but will also go with 9 inch black sluggos on an off set worm hook after dark