Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cow tamer

SS Poppers - Sinkers vs. Floaters - Can You Tell By Looking at Them ?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Don't know about yellow eyes, except for the yellowed eyed devils that eat them, but green eyes = floating and black eyes = sinking.

I never have a problem as all my SS Littlenecks are sinking models. :D

maybe because they work and are proven striper catchers.

Yea sinkers work, but sometimes floaters work better. Been there done that. Thanks.

maybe because they work and are proven striper catchers.

Yea sinkers work, but sometimes floaters work better. Been there done that. Thanks.

I agree. Just because all my SS Littlenecks are sinkers does not mean that all my polaris/littleneck style poppers are SS. ;)

The floaters can be worked ridiculously slowly. They lie flat on top so you can give them a pop and just let them sit. Gives the fish lots of time to come up and eat them. I have a few very old Gibbs 3 1/2 ounce Polaris that sit flat on top. They are my favorites.

In my short time in the surf (not fishing as a whole); I have found the Tsunami Polaris style poppers to catch the crap out of fish, come with good hooks & split rings, whilst being cost effective. Plus it's my way of helping the US pay back the Trillion's (yes that's a T) we owe China.

For sinking models, Creek Chub Striper Strike 2100's in Black and SS sinking are all I use.

In my short time in the surf (not fishing as a whole); I have found the Tsunami Polaris style poppers to catch the crap out of fish, come with good hooks & split rings, whilst being cost effective. Plus it's my way of helping the US pay back the Trillion's (yes that's a T) we owe China.

For sinking models, Creek Chub Striper Strike 2100's in Black and SS sinking are all I use.

Just want to point out that you are not helping out the trade deficit by buying from China. The idea is to get them to buy American. Carry on :wave:.

Yes I know; carrying on. :wave:

Just want to point out that you are not helping out the trade deficit by buying from China. The idea is to get them to buy American. Carry on :wave:.

Black eyes sink.  Only SS floaters I have are the really tiny ones, great for the back back bays in early spring.  All other spots/conditions I'm using sinkers.  Or wood.