Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLDig

Seriously Haven't Been This Aggravated in a LONG Time

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Trying to do our Christmas Family shopping....

Place an order on Kmart's website (best price I could find for the items) and checkout with Paypal. But no, for some reason Kmart's website isn't working properly and the order never goes through. But it charges my Paypal account anyways. So the money is gone into limbo in pending authorization charge, which according to the details of that transaction, the order "expires" on Feb 9th.

So I call Kmart. They say there's nothing they can do. I have to call Paypal. So I call Paypal. They tell me, oh yeah, no problem, it'll be fixed by last night or first thing this morning. So I call Paypal back, because it was not fixed. The person I speak to today tells me that there's nothing they can do, whoever told me that it would be fixed was wrong. There's nothing Paypal can do, that Kmart has to void the order(s).. I attempted to re-order next day, same result.

Soooooo, I call the corporate HQ of Kmart, to speak to a case manager, who treats me like I'm stupid and tells me that there are no existing orders on their system for them to fix and that I had to call Paypal. Soooo, I call Paypal and they tell me that all they can do is send an email to Kmart and ask them to cancel the pending requests, because that's not something they can do. The guy at Kmart said, well I can fax paypal and tell them it's ok, that's all I can do. Paypal says, we can't accept a fax, there's nothing we can do but try emailing them to cancel the orders. Kmart says the orders don't exist, so they can't cancel them.

Aaaaaargggggh! So now I'm out the 50 bucks, out the gifts I was going to buy for the family with the 50 bucks and it probably won't be resolved in time to get it shipped here in time for Christmas.

And right up until all this went down, I was REALLY REALLY in the Christmas spirit.

Anyone else ever have something like this happen? How the heck did you get it fixed?

Tammy, I will be glad to send you those gifts without a question.

I am sorry you have to go through this during the holidays.

But on the other had, I will try to dispute this payment via paypal since you didn't get your items.

Appreciate that Foxfai. I'm HOPING there's some resolution in time to get them here by Christmas.

I've disputed the charges with Paypal. They say there's nothing they can do and that Kmart has to fix it. Kmart says Paypal has to fix it. I've even asked both if they couldn't just pick up the freaking phone and call the two people I was dealing with from each respective company. No. That would be far too much like customer service I guess.

To them it's just 50 bucks. They don't have any idea what that 50 bucks means for others. Nor do they give a ****.

I should be able to scrape up the 50 bucks on my own next week if they don't fix it before them.

I'm just aggravated.

Anyone else ever have something like this happen? How the heck did you get it fixed?
I usually write a letter to the President of the company in crayon and sign it with an unhappy smilely face, and tell them in the letter that I'm writting the letter in crayon becuase their company acts and treats their customers like children.

I'll cover the $50.00. Let me know what's being ordered and I'll place the order and you can reimburse me when it gets resolved.

Weird. I had something similar happen on another website recently. One email to paypal and it was cleared up in under 24 hours.

Jigman

this is already going on it's third business day.

both places have customer service open 24 hours, so i even called Sunday night.

KoQ.. thanks. if it comes down to that, I will definitely take you up on the offer... or foxfai.

i like the crayon idea. :idea:

i'll sign it from the Christmas Family kids.

If Kmart says there is no existing order, but paypal says there is, ask paypal what the order number is, call Kmart again and give them that order number and see what they say, if they recognize the number, tell them to fill it, if it doesn't exist, have them confirm that in an email, and send it to paypal.

Or, I could gather up the goons and take a road trip. :mad:

If Kmart says there is no existing order, but paypal says there is, ask paypal what the order number is, call Kmart again and give them that order number and see what they say, if they recognize the number, tell them to fill it, if it doesn't exist, have them confirm that in an email, and send it to paypal.

Or, I could gather up the goons and take a road trip. :mad:

believe me billybob.. i tried all that. paypal admits there is no order number but says they don't have the power to remove the charges without Kmart's approval. Paypal offered to email Kmart and Kmart offered to fax Paypal..... IF I knew who's email or fax number to send it to. Kmart doesn't give out email addresses and Paypal said a fax wouldn't do.

I've spent several hours on the phones with these people, mostly on hold I'd bet.

Kmart's website does say that if I want it by Christmas Eve I have to order by 12/21 and select ground, which is more expensive than the free shipping they do... and I'll already be gone Christmas Eve... so if it isn't cleared up by Friday, imagine shipping will go up and I'll have to take someone up on their offer until the money IS cleared. Hoping that isn't in February. Aarrrrgh.

Gather the goons. Let's go.

I'd be pissed too.

I'd order it again with my Amex or Visa, and then once I got the tracking number I would cancel payment, and then when Kmart tries to collect I'd say yeah well send me an email, but I can't give you the address, sorry , bye. :p

I do understand the level of frustration.

This happens with me any and every time my kids have had to go to the ER.

The ER docs are some type of national chain/practice and since they use a Ohio billing address the health insurance company says they are are out of network.

The ER docs say the insurance company has to contact them to fix it, and the insurance company says the ER docs have to call them.

Inevitably the invoice winds up in direct collection and I write letters to the President of the Insurance company. In the meantime the collection people call the house and piss off my wife, who then takes it out on me.

Meanwhile my health insurance premiums are equal to a mortgage payment and are paid on time.

So yeah, I understand your frustration.

i'll sign it from the Christmas Family kids.

Send an email to them and link to the thread.

done. and i'm borrowing some crayons from the kids Christmas day and writing letters to both companies.

done.

Good.

I'm in a foul mood and think that companies like this that don't take care of their customers, especially those that have gone to them looking for help with what seemingly should be a simple problem to fix, when they don't fix it, deserve to have their balls pounded flat and receive all sorts of bad public relations, and we are just the people to do it.

Shame too, because it can be avoided so easily.

Oh, tell them you will call CNN hotline and give them the story. See if they will do something right there.

Usually when my Dad tells a company that, he usually gets his way. :D

Take one of the guys up on replacing the goods. Then call the consumer hot line at the local TV station. Let them do a story and besure to tell them KMat ansd PayPal ruined Christmas for these kids.