Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jameso20o

Schoolies still feeding heavily in my area

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

For the past two months, every single day after it gets dark in a creek outflow I fish, you can see small schoolies popping up on bait. It's been too cold for me, but last time I went out for them about a week ago, I actually saw one swimming in the water. About 2 nights ago my friend went out and said he saw them bursting on the surface. When I did go for them, I mainly used 4 inch gulp smelts or 4 inch Fin-s lures. I do see how this could continue all winter. Anyone else seeing similar things this late in the year?

For the past two months, every single day after it gets dark in a creek outflow I fish, you can see small schoolies popping up on bait. It's been too cold for me, but last time I went out for them about a week ago, I actually saw one swimming in the water. About 2 nights ago my friend went out and said he saw them bursting on the surface. When I did go for them, I mainly used 4 inch gulp smelts or 4 inch Fin-s lures. I do see how this could continue all winter. Anyone else seeing similar things this late in the year?

As of last weekend, they were still out along South County, RI beaches feeding on herring (not sure if this run has been thwarted by the cooler weather of late)...and this was both blues and bass

I pretty much leave the dinks alone. But years back, when I got antsy in Feb., I know of a spot that holds bass up to 28's. I know of the 28" bass because that is the largest i got from this spot!smile.gif