Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

Bourdain's Christmas Show

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Best cooking show I have ever seen The guy is cerebral.

Took me a while to figure out what he was doing. Gotta love a performer who can trust his audience to think for themselves and not have to explain things like a third grade teacher.

Christopher Walken reminisces with Lydia B (for real) about baking bread together as kids. Leave it to Walken to do a normal segment that comes off as one of his most surreal appearances ever.

and Samantha Brown's tirade how Bourdain effed perky for the Travel Channel. - smeared lipstick and all- was hilarious.

Good to hear.......haven't seen it yet, but I recorded it last night. But gotta make my way thru the new "Layover" first............not real impressed with that so far, but will watch the new one anyway. The triple split screen thing is annoying, and last week there were a lot of subtitles on the split screens that were all but impossible to read.

And WHY do so many shows insist on using subtitles in white text that are imposed on a white background at times? Makes them even more difficult to read...........ya would think they would use yellow or blue or something that would stand out. Not talking about just cooking shows, but TV in general.

You need to turn off the closed captioning on your TV.

Caught most of Bourdain's show last night. Well done in the snarky Bourdain style.

You need to turn off the closed captioning on your TV.

It is always off......he was in Rome, and a lot of Italian was being spoken, and so the sub-titles were on the show itself, not from closed captioning.

His show(s) are my current favorites on the tube right now- I like the whole idea- it's how I'd travel if I could.

Yes, yes, that ankle bracelet makes it tough to get far from home.

Watched it again with the wife. She loved it. Walken stabbing the octopus "For what you did to my Father" was a funny, "Princess Bride" reference. On the second time through I was much more tuned into the noises coming from behind the doors as he walked the halls. Lots of good TC and FN references there, Zimmerman eating testicles, classic one liners from No Reservations, etc. Highlight, again, was Nora Jones singing Silent Night. :th:

Vegan Back Metal Holiday Roast From Hell

lol

Tofurkey and lots of roasted vegetables

"mommy, please make it stop"

"I land on the steps of the Hotel like a piece of battered driftwood on a sandy beach"