Here comes SARAH PALIN!!!!!!

Rate this topic

Jonesy

Fresh off raising millions for her aborted run for POTUS, Sarah Palin is back baby! While the Tea Party has now moved on to the man who best represents their values in Newt Gingrich, Sexy Sarah stands by her man.

Comments

Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images

But TLC, A&E have passed on an "Alaska" sequel.

Sarah Palin announced in October that she would not run for president, leaving her free to focus on her media career. But the GOP kingmaker and Fox News contributor is having some trouble selling a follow up to the Mark Burnett-produced Sarah Palin's Alaska, her TLC show that bowed in November 2010 to a record-breaking 5 million viewers.

OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

Sarah Palin Angered Roger Ailes by Not Announcing Presidential Campaign Plans on Fox News (Report)

Sarah Palin Calls For Hanging of Jerry Sandusky During Fox News Appearance (VIDEO)

Orlando Jones Apologizes for Advising Liberals to 'Kill Sarah Palin'

PHOTOS: 10 Hollywood Players That Will Make a Difference in the 2012 Elections

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Palin and Burnett are pitching another reality series, this one more focused on Palin’s husband Todd and his career as a championship snowmobile racer. But for now, TLC owner Discovery Communications has passed, say sources. And A&E Networks, which entered into a bidding war with Discovery for Sarah Palin's Alaska, also is not interested.

PHOTOS: 10 Entertainers Democrats and Republicans Love to Hate

So far, networks have balked at the steep asking price – Palin's Alaska went for north of $1 million an episode and sources say Burnett and Palin are asking for a similar payday for the follow-up. Mark Burnett Productions did not immediately respond to a request for comment. 

Another obstacle is Palin’s waning status as a cultural lightning rod. The former Alaska governor, 47, burst onto the scene as the 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate with a compelling personal storyline and outspoken conservatism that made her the darling of the right and a target of the left, helping her land a $1 million annual contract with Fox News.

PHOTOS: Actors Who've Played Politicians

But she has been largely under the radar since confirming that she would not seek the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, as press attention has shifted to frontrunners Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney and the rest. Says one network insider, “I think it’s safe to say her time has passed.”

Email: Marisa.Guthrie@thr.com

Twitter: @MarisaGuthrie

PHOTO GALLERY:

VIEW GALLERY

11 Children's Movies With Political Agendas? You Betcha, Say Conservatives

SARAH PALIN

Comments

You might like:

L.A. Shooting: Hollywood Reporter Editor Shot, Recalls Incident

(The Hollywood Reporter - News)

Man Shot in the Face in L.A. Shooting Is Longtime Music Industry Executive

CBS Wants Matt Lauer to Join '60 Minutes' (Exclusive)

Sponsored

How Much Income Will you need in Retirement?

(Prudential)

Sponsored

Learn More About the Must-Have iPad App for History Lovers!

(wired.com)

[?]

THR's Daily Must Feeds

Busted! Hollywood's Brushes With the IRS Movie Theater Twitter Seats Give You Permission to Bug the Hell Out of EveryoneSouthwest Airlines Boots Music Artist From PlaneKardashian's Legal Feud With Nail Polish Company Heats Up'Dark Knight's Gary Oldman On Steve Buscemi ImpersonationInside Jerry Rice's $11 Million MansionKelly Ripa's Special Request to 'DWTS' Derek HoughTV's 10 Most Annoying Characters'Young Adult's' Director and Actress' Brave Choice

Jones, you have to stop playing with yourself. Your gonna get warts!

Come on! A cool million an episode for Todd to ride snowmobiles! This iswhatbis at stake for our country under Obama! Where are your political priorities???? This is your girl RJ! This is who you pined for for POTUS!

You sucker LOL!!!

RJ.

We are about to see a true conservative circle jerk by Jonesy and company who appearantly have nothing better to do with their time. You know Jonesy would drop his wife and kids in a country second for Sexy Sarah since he seems so fixated on her. Can't get enough, I guess, or maybe he is just unfulfilled. Poor guy had the

"Jonesys" for Sarah.:D

Come on! A cool million an episode for Todd to ride snowmobiles! This iswhatbis at stake for our country under Obama! Where are your political priorities???? This is your girl RJ! This is who you pined for for POTUS!

You sucker LOL!!!

Jones,

Your leap into fantasy is amusing. Todd Palin's opportunity to star in a Snow Machine Reality Show with Alaska as the backgroud is not too much of a stretch. Three or four time Long Distance Snow Machine Champion is no small accomplishment. Sharh Palin is married to a local ledgend. A man the exact opposite of the metro-sexual eunuch's you hobnob with in the Bay State.

A tv deal or the possibility of a tv deal has nothing to do with politics. Your silly "This iswhatbis at stake for our country under Obama! Where are your political priorities????", is so over the top with conflicted signals that I almost believe you are twisted with jealousy.

One has nothing to do with the other. What the Palins do with their business opportunities is their business. She has already generated revenues of more than $20,000,000 and I suspect she will double that in the next 4 years. She is news. Love her or hate her, she make people pay attention. I love her act, and you hate it. Ying and yang!

As far as Palin for President, I have contended she isn't ready to run in 2012 for more than 3 years. If she continues to grow in stature, She could be a formidable opponent in 2016 or 2020. She is young enough to run well into the future. She is a healthy, attractive woman, who will age well.

Can you name any formidable Democrat man or woman who has her stage presence and ability to draw large crowds wherever she goes? Obama has lost his luster and Sarah Palin hasn't. That's the story!

:witty:

Oh, I got the smiley face in there and Jonesy has said much, much worse to me. And besides, I am not the one posting about Sarah Palin every chance I get. Girl is doing ok though. Pretty good for a "moron". We should all be doing that good.:)

^^^^ funny

RJ.

We are about to see a true conservative circle jerk by Jonesy and company who appearantly have nothing better to do with their time. You know Jonesy would drop his wife and kids in a country second for Sexy Sarah since he seems so fixated on her. Can't get enough, I guess, or maybe he is just unfulfilled. Poor guy had the

"Jonesys" for Sarah.:D

^^^^ awkward and not funny

seems by the way you praised and Sarah and how low you stooped to defend her, sounds like your jonesing for Sarah (fleetwood mack playing in the background or Knight)

"... let it go - lets move forward."

Jones,

Your leap into fantasy is amusing. Todd Palin's opportunity to star in a Snow Machine Reality Show with Alaska as the backgroud is not too much of a stretch. Three or four time Long Distance Snow Machine Champion is no small accomplishment. Sharh Palin is married to a local ledgend. A man the exact opposite of the metro-sexual eunuch's you hobnob with in the Bay State.

A tv deal or the possibility of a tv deal has nothing to do with politics. Your silly "This iswhatbis at stake for our country under Obama! Where are your political priorities????", is so over the top with conflicted signals that I almost believe you are twisted with jealousy.

One has nothing to do with the other. What the Palins do with their business opportunities is their business. She has already generated revenues of more than $20,000,000 and I suspect she will double that in the next 4 years. She is news. Love her or hate her, she make people pay attention. I love her act, and you hate it. Ying and yang!

As far as Palin for President, I have contended she isn't ready to run in 2012 for more than 3 years. If she continues to grow in stature, She could be a formidable opponent in 2016 or 2020. She is young enough to run well into the future. She is a healthy, attractive woman, who will age well.

Can you name any formidable Democrat man or woman who has her stage presence and ability to draw large crowds wherever she goes? Obama has lost his luster and Sarah Palin hasn't. That's the story!

:witty:

sounds like you have a thing for Todd there RJ. as for Sarah, she's a side show. a circus freak. I find the booger eaters fixation on her hilarious. I actually feel pity for you and Knight and the others who don't see through her schtick. I'm psyched she is making money! that keeps her far away from politics. :D

sounds like you have a thing for Todd there RJ. as for Sarah, she's a side show. a circus freak. I find the booger eaters fixation on her hilarious. I actually feel pity for you and Knight and the others who don't see through her schtick. I'm psyched she is making money! that keeps her far away from politics. :D

It is a very good thing that what you think of me doesn't amount to excrement. You keep going to the sexual side. Imagining inapropriate sex connections with individuals in your tiny mind. You are psyched alright. Although "Fixated" is a more correct defination of your focus on Sarah Palin. "Creepy" comes to mind. Have you ever considered counseling?