Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheWildRover

FS: Hatch 5 Plus (New)

3 posts in this topic

It breaks my heart but I'm unemployed, have bills to pay, and my tax return is at risk. I bought this shortly after F1 accused me of being "from" Hatch Outdoors, which I am not. When I purchased it, I had a steady job and few bills to pay. I'd wanted one for a long time. This reel is brand new and has never seen line or backing. This model:

Large Arbor Spool, compatible with spools from the new Finatic series.

Silver/Blue in Color.

Set up for RH retreive but easily changed.

Fully sealed drag, etc.

Notes about the condition:

1.) When I bought it, it came with a small bit of blue paint fill missing from the '5' on the spool cap. The shop told me there was nothing to do about it and they couldn't get a replacement. I've seen this happen on others, unfortunate, but purely cosmetic. I think a bit of Sharpie should work to hide it but I'll leave that up to you. The missing spot is 1or2MM wide.

2.) When I changed the drag from LH to RH retrieve, I dropped the small set screw onto my carpet and was never able to find it. Any Hatch dealer should be able to give you one, or you can contact Hatch Outdoors and they should mail you one. Easy fix, and a necessary one to maintain the sealed aspect of the reel.

3.) I don't have the tin that some come with, as mine came in a cardboard box. I do have the fleecel-lined neoprene case and paper work that came with it. I'll send the original box as well.

PRICE: $330 Shipped. PayPal only. Price is firm, I paid $375 plus shipping and can't afford to lose any more than that. I'll try to post some pictures later today of the paint.

Thanks for looking!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0