Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yogiiiboy

O'Shaughnessy Teaser hooks

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Can anyone lead me to where i can find the O'Shaughnessy bucktail teaser hook ? Not the Siwash....that type hook seems to dig in the sand too much when on my metals.............I'm looking where i can get a variety of colors with the mustad type o'shaughnessy hook..............they seem to be so hard to find on the 'net.........

Thanks in advance for your replies..............

Not sure If I understand your question. Are you looking for just the hooks that you tie up yourself or are you looking for them already tied?

You can find Mustad hooks anywhere. Just google them. If your looking for them already tied either check the Comm.BST for flies & or teasers. Or any Fly shop.

Also if your hooks are getting stuck in the sand you may want to speed up your retrieve. Reel in faster!

I have never had a problem with getting stuck in the sand,

Not sure If I understand your question. Are you looking for just the hooks that you tie up yourself or are you looking for them already tied?

You can find Mustad hooks anywhere. Just google them. If your looking for them already tied either check the Comm.BST for flies & or teasers. Or any Fly shop.

Also if your hooks are getting stuck in the sand you may want to speed up your retrieve. Reel in faster!

I have never had a problem with getting stuck in the sand,

Ron.....No i was looking for them already tied......................also, there are times when a slow retrieve is warranted and that's when these siwash's get stuck in the sand, which sometimes, feels like you're pulling a brick ................trying to find an outfit that sells the o'shaughnessy bucktailed hooks.............Thanks .........

I think you are talking about the Mustad 34007 stainless steel hooks, I recently bought some and they were made in China, maybe that's been going on for awhile, I had a large amount of the old ones that were made in Norway so I just ran out this summer. IMO, the China made ones don't compare in quality or strength. Presently I am looking for a new hook to use.

I think you are talking about the Mustad 34007 stainless steel hooks, I recently bought some and they were made in China, maybe that's been going on for awhile, I had a large amount of the old ones that were made in Norway so I just ran out this summer. IMO, the China made ones don't compare in quality or strength. Presently I am looking for a new hook to use.

Do you know of any that are sold with bucktail on them so that i can put them on metals as a trailer hook ?

..I'm sorry....i think i am confusing people.....I'm talking about O'Shaughnessy "Trailer" hooks with bucktail ! I think i was confusing people by saying "Teaser"...............I mean Trailer so that i can replace hooks on my metals and tins.................

Sorry...Thanks..

John

Try going to the Commercial BST forum and using the CBST requests. That usually gets results.

Dan

thanks Dan....will do..............