Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keywest

Penn 7500 line compatibility

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

It will take braid, but not as well as other reels. My dad uses an older USA model 750 with braid, but you have to make sure it's not too close to the edge of the spool or it's gonna cause a nightmare. There are MUCH better reels out there if you want more distance, and braid.

If your new to superlines and braids i would first spool up with original Fireline, fill the 7500 with mostly mono and then add the Fireline using a uni to uni knot and your good to go.

Fireline is not technically a braid but it is much friendlier on spinning reels than many others and it should give you increased distance, with superior sensitivity .

I love Fireline and so do many others, it has awesome strength and handles great on spinners . Go with the 20 or 30 pound, 20 will give you a slight edge in distance and it's nearly as strong as the 30 breaking at over 50 pounds on average.

Oh, one last thing , make sure you lock down that drag before casting, some use finger protection but i don't . I find that as long as you lock it down and the drag does not slip, you never get cut.