FishersLog - Free Plug

Rate this topic

nalu22

After reading John Skinner's latest book, Fishing the Bucktail. I decided to give the FishersLog Program he created a try. I have been saying I would create a log for the past couple season but haven't, trying to keep everything in my head. Or e-mailing myself notes, which isn't realistic for 80 or so trips I made this year. I've only just begun using this program, but I can tell it's going to a great tool for future fishing and catching! A toll that I will be using for every trip.

Using the DropBox option is great because often times I'm out of the water, then heading straight to work. With no time to write a log entry.

This tool has actually gotten me excited to log my fishing trips!! :)

-Kevin

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." 

I need to give that a look. I log but need to be more consistent, always get caught up in something when i get home and forget. Last thing wife and kid want when i get home is to go run and take more personal time to log...

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

I hear you!

Between the fishing, then coming home and checking this board, then looking for plug's to buy, etc. I'm not going to add log time into the mix; great at work task! :)

I need to give that a look. I log but need to be more consistent, always get caught up in something when i get home and forget. Last thing wife and kid want when i get home is to go run and take more personal time to log...

I hear you!

Between the fishing, then coming home and checking this board, then looking for plug's to buy, etc. I'm not going to add log time into the mix; great at work task! :)

So you installed the log program on your work and home computers and use Dropbox to synch the two. I'm doing the same with my laptop and desktop. I'm finding Dropbox to be useful for other stuff too that I need in more than one place.

Yes, that's exactly what I've done. :)

I went the route of installing FishersLog directly into my DropBox folder. I really like the "selected trip in a browser" feature, it lays it out in a nice easy to read format. :)

So you installed the log program on your work and home computers and use Dropbox to synch the two. I'm doing the same with my laptop and desktop. I'm finding Dropbox to be useful for other stuff too that I need in more than one place.

• 2 years later...
Quote:

Originally Posted by jskinner View Post

Hi john. ive just entered my first trip to your log program I downloaded. My question is where would I find the proper information to enter for the barometric pressure?

John I too would be very interested in a phone app, would rather support you after all you give to us than another source.

There will be no phone app from me. It would require an entirely new development effort. I tried one once that I thought was well-designed, but ended up swearing a lot trying to work with the log on a small screen. I still worry about the longevity of the data and the need for code maintenance on the varied and always changing mobile platforms. I now have 5 years of data in my electronic log. Would my 5-year-old phone entries still be around and readable by the same software? Maybe. I'm just not as confident about that. Fishing log data is precious. I still have notebooks from 40 years ago.

Hi john. ive just entered my first trip to your log program I downloaded. My question is where would I find the proper information to enter for the barometric pressure?

I use a NOAA site called tidesonline. I like that one because I can see the barometric pressure plot along with water height data in the same screen. The water height plots are very useful when storms are around.

I use a NOAA site called tidesonline. I like that one because I can see the barometric pressure plot along with water height data in the same screen. The water height plots are very useful when storms are around.

Thanks for the help john