Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peanutbunkerandjelly

WTB: Youth Shot Gun

7 posts in this topic

Hi, What are the legal requirements to sell a shot gun, NY to NY? A friend has a 12 ga dbl IC & M Tobin Arms that they would sell, if there is not too much paper work etc. What are the requirements? Thanks CaseyGhee

Hi,

CG

In mass It's just a trip to police station to get some paperwork for a face to face sale only(no shipping without FFL). The the seller must mail off paperwork to boston and buyer keeps copy for his records. I think as a seller you can make 6 of these transactions a year. This is in Mass. You can call NY for the rules they have.

Hope this helps,

RR

Hi, The 12 was made by Tobin Arms in CT. They were made in 3 grades, of which this is the lowest, and were highly thougt of. Apparently firng mechanism was different than most other doubles. Condition-wise it is what we used to call a knock-about, very functional, but not a wall hanger or museum piece. If you would like, I can take some pics taken and send them off to you, if you send your email address. Since it was IC and M, I used it as a deer hunting gun, then went back to my beloved 20 ga O/U Berretta for upland. It would sell for $125 + whatever shipping. If you are interested. My daughter will be visiting over the Holidays and she can take it and send it from Putnam County to wherever on LI. or if my MA papers are valid. I can send it from here.Thanks for the interest. CaseyGhee

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0