So, it's off to Cabo San Lucas in April. What is there to do?

Rate this topic

mybeach

There is a great carnitas restaurant over by San Jose, also a tanning factory w barrels of live snakes which you pick out, have tanned, and made into a belt. That place also has horse tack as well - might need a riding crop for the little lady.:naughty: A little further out in the country up that way is a hot spring and a crazy zoo in the middle of nowhere. The San Jose town market is also great.

I can check my maps for a better idea of the locations if you want.

See you on the big one.

Charters, all depends on what you want to spend. I know the best boat and captain in the fleet. I'll be fishing with them in a couple of weeks. It all depends on what you want to do when there. All the "famous" bars are fun. Rent a car for a day and run up the coast to Todos Santos. Great drive and views. Have lunch at the Hotel California. Just don't drive that road at night. Cows have a strange way of wandering onto the road. I check on the newest and best local stuff while I'm there. Also, where are you staying? Makes a difference. One more thing, it isn't like it was 20+ years ago, cruise ships etc. but still a good time.

Cabo

I like a private charter like anyone, but I would be fine with a shared charter, and be able to get out more of course. Just the wife and I. Marlin, ahi, mahi, ono, whatever. Is there bottom fishing to be done there? I''d KILL to do some bottom drift fishing, or wreck fishing, or boulder field fishing. I don't need fancy boats, as long as they have a head for the Mrs, and RELIABLE crew that don't get drunk and expect me to drive.:shock::p

Actually, I would be willing to work the boat in exchange for a charter or a discount;)

We like a good local bar scene with some music and good food, but we don't need to spend $150 for dinner every night either. The condo has a kitchen, so we can cook some meals also. We don't plan on renting a car, so we will be local to the marina. If I need a car, I'll rent one for a day. I'll put the name of the place we are staying on this thread as soon as I know it.

How bout scuba? Any good dive shops there that you can recommend?

We have been to Cabo twice. Both times we stayed at the Riu Palace and have loved it. You can take a taxi to the Marina. We took a few charters with a gentleness named Martin. Excellent times. Striped Marlin, Tuna and Rooster fish. The dorado eluded us so far but we will get them!

The Gigglin Marlin and Cabo Wabo are downtown. Also, right near the Marinated, you can walk around to locals selling all.sorts of things. Brace yourself to be "hit up by the locals". And note, BARTER!

Also on marina walkway is a place you can swim with dolphins. Very cool experience. We also went to the glass blowing factory.

We love it. Very relaxing.

Jennifer

We used Pisces sportfishing when we were there last January. They have a website with prices,boat selection and daily updates of what was caught. Fun to read even when not planning a trip. We last chartered La Brisa, nice boat around 30' Landed and released 3 striped marlin and lost another 2 more. By lunch we were tired so we spent the afternoon whale watching! Good crew