Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

I'm a little concerned with the lack of Republican solidarity regarding a presidential nominee...

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Clown Obama and the Dems are ripe for the taking in 2012, yet we yet to have a good clear cut leader to take advantage of this...still plenty of time and certainly the Obamination is not going to change his course and suddenly start doing the right things...but we have to get on the ball

Solidarity isn't an issue until 11/12. We'll be okay as long as the self righteous don't get all hissy and start voting for unelectables or sit home as a favor to their Liberal buddies and Obama.

A lot of angst and gnashing of teeth over nothing. A strong candidate will emerge. The Democrats are likely to point out what a 'disaster' the Republican field is yet any one of our candidates has more real world experience than the well spoken but ill prepared man they elected in 2008. Let the process work.

The lame stream media is telling republicans who they should like & why.

I strongly believe that republicans are smart enough to figure that out, true conservatives on the other hand, maybe not.

It seems to me that when the current POTUS has done such a terrible job, that it encourages the loons, wacko's, inexperienced, etc to come out of the wood works because they believe it's an easy win. I saw the same thing with the Dem's while Bush was in office. If the Rep's had a strong candidate in the 2008 election I don't think Hillary or Obama would have even tried to run......

The easier it seems for someone to get elected because of how terrible the current office holder is/was seems to be a big downward spiral...... Honestly, do you think more respected folks are going to run for office if they know their competition is that type of crowd? Even the best of candidates would look like sheet when they get lumped together with name callers, finger pointers, etc..... IMO, It's just not worth it for better people to run..... And like I said before this isn't just a Rep problem, it's both sides. What a circus this has become anymore.....

John

The lame stream media is telling republicans who they should like & why.

I strongly believe that republicans are smart enough to figure that out, true conservatives on the other hand, maybe not.

too funny

Republicans should change their motto to "woe are we"

There is a reason why the field is so weak. Read the Fairleigh Dickinson poll.

This should have been a vicious primary with the best and brightest the nation had to offer I don't recall a sitting president so vulnerable since Ford.

Clown Obama and the Dems are ripe for the taking in 2012, yet we yet to have a good clear cut leader to take advantage of this...still plenty of time and certainly the Obamination is not going to change his course and suddenly start doing the right things...but we have to get on the ball

Since the Republicans voted to allow proportional voting in primaries, a protracted primary season lasting into late Summer favors Romney, plus you can count on Newt to basically sink himself with another - “I don’t think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering,”

It seems to me that when the current POTUS has done such a terrible job, that it encourages the loons, wacko's, inexperienced, etc to come out of the wood works because they believe it's an easy win. I saw the same thing with the Dem's while Bush was in office. If the Rep's had a strong candidate in the 2008 election I don't think Hillary or Obama would have even tried to run......

The easier it seems for someone to get elected because of how terrible the current office holder is/was seems to be a big downward spiral...... Honestly, do you think more respected folks are going to run for office if they know their competition is that type of crowd? Even the best of candidates would look like sheet when they get lumped together with name callers, finger pointers, etc..... IMO, It's just not worth it for better people to run..... And like I said before this isn't just a Rep problem, it's both sides. What a circus this has become anymore.....

John

Exact;y John, the dialouge has been reduced to drivel

The Republicans have not been able to articulate a platform that the middle class can buy into. The message has been reduced to throwing feces and hommage to special interest groups, instead of mapping out a plan that American can believe in.

Whether you like him or not, Ronnie spelled out what he believed was the role or government and it's citizens. It was plausible (and remains logical today) and the message was adopted by the party for years. Even the dems changed their platform to reflect a good deal of Reagan's view.

Look at the posts by had core libertarians, John, Little etc, on their confidence a republican maajority government can reduce spending. They lack hope.

It has become a circus

Since the Republicans voted to allow proportional voting in primaries, a protracted primary season lasting into late Summer favors Romney, plus you can count on Newt to basically sink himself with another - “I don’t think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering,”

A ironic quote coming from any politician.....

Exact;y John, the dialouge has been reduced to drivel

The Republicans have not been able to articulate a platform that the middle class can buy into. The message has been reduced to throwing feces and hommage to special interest groups, instead of mapping out a plan that American can believe in.

Whether you like him or not, Ronnie spelled out what he believed was the role or government and it's citizens. It was plausible (and remains logical today) and the message was adopted by the party for years. Even the dems changed their platform to reflect a good deal of Reagan's view.

Look at the posts by had core libertarians, John, Little etc, on their confidence a republican maajority government can reduce spending. They lack hope.

It has become a circus

The incessant beat-down by the liberal/progressives and their lap-dog media champions gets tiresome.

It is not necessarily Quid-Pro-Quo or tit-for-tat needed to reply to the droning.

With the leftists sycophantic dependence on instant gratification, they try and goad the right wing/conservatives into playing along.

When the leftist/progressives start acting like they expect the right/conservatives to act, then they will deserve my attention.

The incessant beat-down by the liberal/progressives and their lap-dog media champions gets tiresome.

It is not necessarily Quid-Pro-Quo or tit-for-tat needed to reply to the droning.

With the leftists sycophantic dependence on instant gratification, they try and goad the right wing/conservatives into playing along.

When the leftist/progressives start acting like they expect the right/conservatives to act, then they will deserve my attention.

+1 :th:

too funny

Republicans should change their motto to "woe are we"

There is a reason why the field is so weak. Read the Fairleigh Dickinson poll.

This should have been a vicious primary with the best and brightest the nation had to offer I don't recall a sitting president so vulnerable since Ford.

Mike The FD poll???? What did they do, poll their campus just before the weekend?? I've never heard the FD poll cited by anyone on the air or in Print.

Could you give us a list of their questions and the size of their audience?

The First Republican Primary will happen next month. Not a single Republican or Conservative voter has voted for any of them todate. The "Wadda poor selection crowd" are all wet. And probably not republican or conservative voters.. The occasional Libertarian or a stealth democrat following the lead of msnbc etal. might be found in their ranks.

Mike far be it for me to question you post, but if you quote a poll, I believe you should show it to us in its entirety.

I was out clamming today in the Navesink River. I asked every clammer that I saw who they were going to vote for and everyone said .....Not Obama! Does that mean I can cite the Clammer's Pole of Dec 10, 2011 as being 100% against Obama in Nov. 2012? I don't think so! Although, all 4 of them were adament on Anybody but Obama. :p:D

The Republican Primary is vetting candidates as it goes along. Most of those who are trailing in the polls got there by their actions and statements in the debates that began back in Sept. Herman Cain was sandbagged with anomous claims of sexual harassment and fialed to handle the accusations very well and he dropped out. Gov. Tim Pelenty didn't make it to the 3rd debate. Gov Rick Perry a political Star in Texas showed on the national stage that debates just weren't his thing. (He was quoted as saying that) Not he is going hard right and screaming he is a Christian! No voters east of the Rio Grande' is buying that particular effort. Newt Gingrich is coming on strong because he has shown himself to be smart and has hard questions for President Obama and it looks like most of the folks who were in favor of Cain climbed on his wagon. Santorum and Bockmann are caught inthe single digets along with Perry. Dr. Pon Paul is trying to sell his libertarism as home spun Republicianism. His view of our foreign police is wierd. I just heard him bad mouthinrg George W. Bush and his record ala the first two years of Obama's but, but Bush BS. He is walking it back by telling anyone who want to listen (I don't) He never said those things, or claiming it wasn't his intent to say what he said. Bye, bye Dr. Paul. Why shoot at "W" whn Newt and Mitt have issues? And the druellers at msnbe are carping that Huntsman is going to run as a third party candidate. That would be a bonus or whom ever the Republican candidate will be. Huntsman is polling below 1% in the voter polls. So he would probably pull more votes from Obama than a republican.

Mit and Newt will lead the charge to January. The Iowa Polls will be the first votes for candidates. Bockmann and Paul could do very well in that cornfed state. Although his timing on Gouging Bush might hurt him. Santorum has spent a lot of personal time meeting a greeting the folks in IA.

Instead of gratitous, stuff shirt pronouncements on the candidates, how bout we all just see how the Primary Voters select the next President of the United States.

^^^the FD organization was never anything taken serious until the Dems/far left jumped on a garbage poll that was said to 'prove' FOX viewers were less intellegent than those who view other major news outlets...and they used a series of questions to determine this, which they themselves did not know the correct answer to the first/most important question (re: the question about the people of Egypt 'overthrowing' the gov't...LOL)

I thought it was a Conan O'Brien comedy act until I realized they were trying to be serious...LOL