Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Poachers Nightmare

Herring showing up

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Herring have been showing for the past couple weeks now so went out last night for the incoming to check it out see if their gonna do the deed soon. Well no spawn yet but they were there and they seem to be getting close any day now and the fish know it too. In three hours saw seven jumpers within fifty yards of me and bait spraying all over. Missed one good pumper but enjoyed the show. Seems to be a decent sized school so hopefully we will have a nice spawn here in the south bay soon to say good bye to 2011.

Went today at high tide. Tons of birds following the schools around. Saw a few anglers targeting sturgeon w/ casts net on the side. Not a single fish in the bucket. It's about to go big any day now.

From what I have seen there is two different schools in the area I have have been frequenting. A pretty big one and one on the small side. If they dust an area with close proximity to each other it would be cool but if it gets kind of spread out the bite won't be as hot as it could be. Talking to my friends they have been marking several schools up closer to the bay bridge. I hope they head closer down this way because needless to say fishing solo at night up there is out of the question.

From what I have seen there is two different schools in the area I have have been frequenting. A pretty big one and one on the small side. If they dust an area with close proximity to each other it would be cool but if it gets kind of spread out the bite won't be as hot as it could be. Talking to my friends they have been marking several schools up closer to the bay bridge. I hope they head closer down this way because needless to say fishing solo at night up there is out of the question.

What........no spirit of adventure :shock:

fresh herring and six hours in the dark freezing my ass off I managed to convince a 54 inch dino to come home with me. but not before falling off the rocks into waist deep water trying to land it by myself. But I will tell you smoked sturgeon will be way worth it.