Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bristol Lou

Beach Ettiquite

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

This morning I was in a pretty good spot at IBSP and catching fish on most cast, for a while. I guess the people throwing their metal and teasers weren't too happy. :) Anyway a guy came up from the south and wanted to know what I was using. I told him but he stood to my right and I couldn't cast :mad: I said something like 'Give me a break' and he went away all pissed off. I felt bad about it and if he had come in from my left we could have had a conversation.

I can cast and talk, almost like walking and chewing bubblegum. I f you want to chat with someone DONT interfere with their casting. :)

Next time you might want to consider something like "Be glad to talk to you but could you slide over to my left." Can almost guarantee you he would have said "Sorry" and slid over so you could talk to him. I've met some good guys on the beach and formed some friendships over the years by simply being courteous and assuming the other guy will respond the same. If he doesn't you can easily get your point across without being curt and he'll move away.

Second option is a little more direct. Grab his pole, throw it in the water, and run like hell! :)

Next time you might want to consider something like "Be glad to talk to you but could you slide over to my left." Can almost guarantee you he would have said "Sorry" and slid over so you could talk to him. I've met some good guys on the beach and formed some friendships over the years by simply being courteous and assuming the other guy will respond the same. If he doesn't you can easily get your point across without being curt and he'll move away.

Second option is a little more direct. Grab his pole, throw it in the water, and run like hell! :)

Probably would have been a little nicer if he didn't come running in and almost getting hooked on my cast.

All kidding aside, Lou is a pretty considerate and accomadating guy. His reaction was probably due to being shell shocked from so many muggings in the past few weeks. Although he is still a grumpy old fart.

Since I rode the short bus as a young lad, I was taught to do things a little different than most. I shoot free throws granny style, bowl granny style and yes I can cast granny style. All you need is a 3' rod with the blue mono you get at K-Mart. Put the lure on the ground, walk over it, stick rod between your legs and let her rip. I usually where a cup to protect the family jewels and the helmet that they gave me the first day I rode the bus. I have this casting method mastered so when there is someone to the left or right of me I have plenty of room to cast.