Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndreSchwartz

Windshield chip repair

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

They were the first I called, unfortunately they were way out of the way and they don't have mobile service as described on the website.

Thanks though

Misleading advertisements, I hate that......

I used to work for a glass supplier. We supplied windshields and plate glass for all of Long Island and the five boroughs. My territory was Suffolk and Nassau. I would agree about Safelite, from my experience with them they do good work and are mobile. If you lived on Long Island there are some shops I could recomend but I'm not sure if they cover Brooklyn or Staten Island.

Take care of the chip soon, with the cold weather coming a small chip will spread fast.

most insurance will pay for the chip repair with no deductlble, if you have collision/comprehensive coverage, and if its just a chip and you don't need a whole windshield. and many of the big insurance companies have a deal with Safelight. start by calling your insurance company - claims telephone number - and ask them about windshield chip repair. If its covered they'll set you up with Safelight.

safelight house-call service is great. and kinda fun to watch them do the repair. like having a tooth bonded at the dentist. also not that expensive if you're paying, i think it was around $60 a couple of years ago when i paid out-of-pocket on the old minivan without collision coverage.