Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
golden

Shimano Biomaster 8000PG

9 posts in this topic

Comparable to twinpower, this saltwater spinner is a beast. Slightly used, this reel has the power to put the screws to big bass, and school bluefin 100+. I had it recently serviced by Buckos reel service and it is loaded with new 50lb powerpro. you can see comparable reels on the famous flea going for way more. Priced to move - 150.00 plus 8.00 shipping paypal

This japanese model is as follows:

Built with the powerful gear ratio for immense cranking,the Biomaster PG is specifcally designed for tacking large powerful fish.

At the centre of this revolutionary new reel is the lightweight high strength alloy frame the rigidly houses all major components in place.This gives all reel components perfect alignment even under heavy stress caused by a hot running fish.

SPECIFICATION

Model Line Capacity Ratio Weight Bearing

pe-m

8000PG 5/240,6/180 4.8:1 590 7/1

* Hybrid Aluminum Body

* A-RB (Anti Rust Bearings)

* Fluidrive® II

* Super Stopper® II

* Aluminum Cold Forged Spool

* Floating Shaft

* Power Roller III

* Titanium Spool Lip

* Waterproof Drag System

* Designed for Saltwater Fishing

they really are - i have a 5000 also, and the only thing i had to do was get a new handle before it broke. the stradic or sustain fits. i had beat the crap out of it for years but the 8000 above is in great shape. Also just bought the newer version which has been upgraded to almost stella proportions - check it out - great reel for 370.00

price drop for the reel above - 140.00 plus shipping paypal

FYI - I don't have the box for this (usually keep my reels in a reel bag; so i don't need the boxes taking up extra space) - looking for the paperwork (all in Japanese); pretty sure I have that. You guys might recognize that pic - it was used in a "Fisherman" piece I did the year before last.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0