New Tires?

gray gables

Need some new treads for my 07 chevy 1/2 ton, looked at alot of tires and I'm thinking of going with cooper discovery AT3, my size tire is p265/70r/17, was quoted a price of 179 per tire, includes mounting,balancing, new valve stems, free rotation and getting rid of my old tires, I'm happy with this price,

Not sure about the quality of the particular Cooper tire, but I bought a set of Michelins (exact same size) for just over $200/tire mounted, balanced, new stems, free rotation and old tire disposal (Costco). I think that's a pretty good price, so long as the tire is of decent quality (I don't think Cooper makes cheap/junk tires). If there's a Costco anywhere close to where you live or work, I would suggest checking them out. All things equal, it's very difficult to beat their prices for tires..

I just put a set of Cooper Discoverer H/T's on my 2003 'Hoe. First set of Coopers I've had and I like them. Got a buy 3 get 4 deal at Pep Boys.. It was also the first time I purchased tries or anything major at the Boy that have Pep and I was impressed with thier service or at least at the one I went to.

Cooper is one of only two tires companies that are still US owned.They make the better part of thier tires in good 'ol USA in Ohio,Arkansas and Mississippi.. Goodyear is the other. The rest are either wholly or partly owned by offshore interest.

Wherever they are made, Michelins last longer and drive better. If your dumping the truck soon the cheaper second tier Coopers will be fine. If you don't want to change the tires again for 100,000 miles go with the Michelins.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

• 1 month later...

Just another option only a FWIW:

i just had to get new tires for my truck (03 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4) & chose the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor.

They seem to have gotten good customer reviews & they are much quieter than the original Wranglers that they replaced.

I got really good mileage out of the original ones so I decided to stick with the Goodyear Wranglers.

Mine are the same size as what you are looking at.

They look like this:

Good luck with your decision.

"In the struggle between the stone and the water, in time, the water wins"

Forum has been full of Buy USA , Keep Money in USA, Jobs in USA , Nothing made in USA ,well we all just just read ,Cooper tires made and owned by USA , I am on second set of Coopers, sure got less than 100K, dont give a Big Rats azz ,kept money and jobs in USA and didnt buy Michelin and send money to France. Can you tell I do not like Michelin for a lot of reasons,primarily that American troops died protecting Their GD rubber tree plantation in VN Enough Said

Al, I am not saying all Cooper tires are made in China , but Cooper has a line of commercial tires called Roadmaster , which are owned by Cooper , BUT made in China

Roadmaster RM170 tires by Cooper

Old 10-13-2010, 08:47 PM #1

kartvines

Vintage RV Owners Club

Fleetwood Owners Club

Still pricing tires and now I have found a complete set of 6 new tires, for just over $1,200.00 balanced and installed out the door. 225/70R 19.5 G rating

They are made in China, by Cooper tires, but was told by my Vendor Pete's Road Service that they normally don't recommend these tires, because they had so many problem with China about failures,[not this brand] but after talking to the Rep. for more than a hour and explaining to him that most motorhomes do not drive more that a few thousand miles a year, he changed his mind and went on to say he now think I am correct, and that he now believe that these tires a good value. He said that if they stay inflated property they should easily last the 5 normal years of life on a motorhome.

Has anyone used these times and if so can you please provide me with you personal review?

Ads by Google

Goodyear® Official Site Up to $80 Tire Rebate Exclusively at Tire & Service Network Locations www.goodyear.com

Cooper RV Tires China , My OPPS, That being said put in perspective, RV tires amounts to a small figure (%) in respect to SUV, 4x4 and normal trucks,cars, How ever comments stand on losing troops guarding rubber tree plantation.

Neighbors across the lane have a Newer Fleetwood coach 08/09 (Discovery Model ?? ) taking off this summer for Oregon for 3 months,we watch House , Mow yard ,small task, last year they went N and Our reward was a Qt of VT Maple syrup.