Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bass Ackwards

Gunsmith Needed

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Anybody know of a good gunsmith in the Norwich/Colchester area? My son took apart his Remington 760 to clean it, dropped the trigger assembly, hit the trigger and the hammer went flying across the room. It's now missing a pin that holds everything in place. Sooooooo, now I need someone to assemble it. Need a good gunsmiths.

Have you considered sending it to Remington? The reason I suggest or ask that is I have a friend who has a remington shotgun that kept jamming and he sent it back to remington and they fixed it for free, cleaned it and it was back with him duck hunting pretty quickly. Just a thought and an option if all other avenues don't pan out for ya. Good luck, MAX

i know a guy in southport, hes behind the old ruger factory.

he just fixed my buddys savage 99

That's almost a 4 hour round trip from my house, a bit too far.

Have you considered sending it to Remington? The reason I suggest or ask that is I have a friend who has a remington shotgun that kept jamming and he sent it back to remington and they fixed it for free, cleaned it and it was back with him duck hunting pretty quickly. Just a thought and an option if all other avenues don't pan out for ya. Good luck, MAX

Yes I have. I emailed them yesterday explaining the problem and about them fixing it, awaiting Remingtons reply.

how about columbia sports in columbia?

Never thought of them, they may have a gunsmith. I'll call them and find out, want to wait for Remingtons reply before doing anything. As for now, my kid can use my rifle to fill the freezer, he just better not clean it. :D

If you look on gunbroker site they list licensed ffl dealers and gunsmiths for each state. there should be plenty in your area, or you may have to go to newington gun exchange or hoffmans on the berlin turnpike in newington.

I just received Remingtons reply. They didn't answer my question. I'm shocked Remington can't help me.

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To access your question from our support site, click here.

Subject

Model 760 problem

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (Ben) 12/09/2011 07:20 AM

We do not carry parts for the 760. You can find these parts at;

www.gunpartscorp.com

www.brownells.com

Thank you for contacting Remington.

Customer By Email 12/07/2011 07:42 PM

My son was cleaning his model 760, had the trigger asembly out and pulled the trigger. The hammer went flying across the room and at least a pin can't be found. Can this be sent to to for fixing without the rest of the gun? If so, how do I do this? Thankyou.

Mike, give TAZ575 a shout, I'd bet he has some contacts.

Thanks Ray, I just may do that. Right now I ordered the part I believe I need and will try to fix it myself. Doesn't look too hard.

I got the pin I needed from Numrich and installed it today. Found out while reassembling the trigger that the part wasn't lost, my kid just put it in the wrong place. :mad: It's back together now and working as it should.