Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EHLawyer

Rite Bobbins - Great Product and Service

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I had occasion to speak with the owner of Rite Bobbins and can't say enough about the quality of their products and the excellent customer service. Already have the Cermag and Shorty versions. looking forward to the Mag Bobbin for tying bucktail jigs and wrapping the occasional rod or two. Highly recommended!

I have the midge ceramic and the magnum versions. You can really

put some pressure on the thread with the magnum. Great for jigs and spinning deer hair.

When i used to tie dry and small wet flies i used the midge all the time

only downfall was time it took to change spools.

I must have at least 2 dozen bobbins a few of the ones you mentioned but mt favorite is the Petitjean. No need to run the thread up the tube . There is a little hole on the tip of the bobbin the the thread slides in. as easy as threading a needle. It also has its own tention bar in the middle where tou slide it up or down to adjust the tention of the thread.

Only draw back is its price. $50.00! But I have been using this more than any other I have.

I think the company is good as well. I have two bobbins that are critical to spinning deer hair imo and one of the bobbins I dropped and broke the ceramic tube. Sent back and fixed no problem plus personal email discussion with owner.