Why Congress Does Not Care

Rate this topic

nipsip

You'll never hear the 'progressive' ilk refer to spending cuts; except for defense spending, of course. The 'tax the rich' mantra is getting old, although it does have some legs among the palms up crowd, aka the great unwashed.

when the palms up crowd vastly outnumbers the palms down crowd (and we are damn near there) especially when we embrace the illegals that are here now

we are in deep doo doo

it's a generational mentality

when the European immigrants came over in the last 100-150 years ... they wanted nothing handed to them

just a chance to work and make a buck

not so today

today's immigrants wanted everything we offer them and then want more

the " entitlement mentality "

that's where we are today

"Gradatim Ferociter / Carpe Diem / No Guts, No Glory

"I hate taxes, and Communism, and inflation. Now, get to work, and remember that the person who makes decisions around here is ME." Ronald Reagan

I bet if you dig deeper. the ones that are not in the 1% just haven't been there long enough yet. Did anyone see the 60 minutes piece on the rampant insider trading of Senators. It is an absolute disgrace and if they were not in the government most of the behavior they participate in would land them all with hefty jail sentences.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95uC_wzUX4][/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95uC_wzUX4

Not sure how to embed a youtube video.

I saw that 60 minutes segment

and I saw the correspondent ask Pelosi about conflict of interest and I saw her phont indignation concerning how anyone could make that accusation

they are all bastages

and all need to be watched by the public every minute of every day

greed knows no bounds

"Gradatim Ferociter / Carpe Diem / No Guts, No Glory

"I hate taxes, and Communism, and inflation. Now, get to work, and remember that the person who makes decisions around here is ME." Ronald Reagan

Do you ever wonder why Congress won't do anything to help the people they are supposed to serve? Why they won't act to create jobs? Why they don't want to make having decent healthcare a right for everyone? Why they are perfectly OK with the top 1-10% of Americans owning most of this country and getting most of the wealth and income?

This chart explains that very clearly. 183 House members and 43 Senators are among the richest 1% of Americans. And the richest 10% of Americans includes 357 House members and 83 senators. They don't want to tax the rich because they are the rich.

You know, it had to be asked.

So what?

If they made their money legitimately, so what? Why should that matter to you? They are citizens of the United States just like me and you. Right?

They should be able to invest their money however they want to.

And if you say they should be able to, but then go on about how they are directly linked to corporations that accepted money from a bill they voted on, you're full of crap. You can't have it both ways.

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

Why they won't act to create jobs?

Because governments and politicians do not and can not create jobs. People and businesses do.

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

I am all for taxing the 1% at a 2% more in income taxes, as long as it is across the board so that the 48% who are paying NOTHING are taxed at 2%. That would be fair. Trying to constantly bleed the cow for more blood will just kill the cow and we'll all starve, or wind up like Cuba or No. Korea which is what Obama and company really want.

"Congress" is run by both parties - the Dems control the Senate. it's funny how liberals like to gloss over that. And speaking of why they" won't act to create jobs", isn't that code for refusal to pass Obama's half-trillion dollar stimulus, designed by him specifically to be rejected? You know - the urgent one he announced he'd propose as soon as he came back from vacation in the Vineyard. Considering how well all the other trillions we shot down the rat hole worked out for us, I'm not surprised that even the Dems in the senate passed on that stinker. As for refusal to do the job you're paid for, where was Obama during the last round of debt reduction talks? As far away as possible.

Quote:Originally Posted by RI PopperWell looks like your gonna have to make the gumbo with Berkly Gulp instead LOL