Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nipsip

Why Congress Does Not Care

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Do you ever wonder why Congress won't do anything to help the people they are supposed to serve? Why they won't act to create jobs? Why they don't want to make having decent healthcare a right for everyone? Why they are perfectly OK with the top 1-10% of Americans owning most of this country and getting most of the wealth and income?

This chart explains that very clearly. 183 House members and 43 Senators are among the richest 1% of Americans. And the richest 10% of Americans includes 357 House members and 83 senators. They don't want to tax the rich because they are the rich.

Do you ever wonder why Congress won't do anything to help the people they are supposed to serve? Why they won't act to create jobs? Why they don't want to make having decent healthcare a right for everyone? Why they are perfectly OK with the top 1-10% of Americans owning most of this country and getting most of the wealth and income?

This chart explains that very clearly. 183 House members and 43 Senators are among the richest 1% of Americans. And the richest 10% of Americans includes 357 House members and 83 senators. They don't want to tax the rich because they are the rich.

So what do we do about the top 1% who have no income?

do we raise their income tax rates?

:rolleyes:

Whatever the 1% want they get.

I bet that they don't want to pay any income tax. So given your statement above, please tell us where the overwhelming portion of our tax revenue comes from?

Right, so every Dem that bleats about the "rich" not paying their fair share are hypocrytical liars.

wouldn't that be just the opposite if they are trying to pass legislation that is going to take their wealth and give it to others?

help me understand your logic on this?

I would like very much to see how many made it into the 1% club while they were in Congress! :idea:

wouldn't that be just the opposite if they are trying to pass legislation that is going to take their wealth and give it to others?

help me understand your logic on this?

Funny how we always hear that it's the folks on Wall Street or bankers or greedy manufacturers....yet someohow we never hear them include themselves in the discussion.

I would like very much to see how many made it into the 1% club while they were in Congress! :idea:

that is the multi million dollar question right there. How many of the top 1% made it there while running for or in office? Betcha it's over 75% :squid:

that is the multi million dollar question right there. How many of the top 1% made it there while running for or in office? Betcha it's over 75% :squid:

I'd bet higher

One more attempt to scream lies loud enough to convince people the lies are truth.

"The rich" is not even a category that has any useful definition. Charts and graphs notwithstanding.

Nip, taxing "the rich" won't solve any of the country's economic problems. But then, you know that. I'm not sure why you keep trying to play this game. Feeding the beast won't make it stop eating.

Only cutting spending and returning the government to it's constitutionally mandated structure and breadth will solve the problems.

Only thing "taxing the rich" will do is make idiots feel better (and yet do nothing for them) and maintain the beast's keepers in power.

Know what makes me laugh?  I'e never voted for one single soul in that building.

And people that DID tell ME I'm crazy for wanting what I want.

You'll never hear the 'progressive' ilk refer to spending cuts; except for defense spending, of course. The 'tax the rich' mantra is getting old, although it does have some legs among the palms up crowd, aka the great unwashed.