Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
forked

gps fishfinder combo units

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I love my HDS 7 by Lowrance. Rarley do you see it on sale - but worth it to me.

Should be able to find a lot feedback out on this site and Classic Mako.

I have the HDS 5 on my tritoon for inlet/bay fishing.  Great unit, easy to use, you should look into the HDS 7 or 10 for your boat.  You can find an online coupon for some places for up to 20% off.  I added it to my cart, used the coupon, then printed it out.  I took it to West Marine, they matched it and i got the unit right away.  I did not have to wait for shipping. 

Valid point , How much do you want to pay.or can pay, Personally my self i prefer Two seperate units , if one goes down you still have the other, rather than lose both, does the unit need cards or blue chips for out side areas , does it contain transducer or is that another 75.00 or so, which brand is better , flip a coin , Lowrance, Garmin Hummingbird all have been around for some time and if they was not good products they would have fallen overboard .

You can spend $500, get a nice little Raymarine unit that'll work fine, show where you are, show blobs on the bottom, or you can spend $2500+ on a full blown very awesome Simrad setup that does exactly the same thing.

the Lowrance HDS units have a $200 coupon through the 2oth of december- try Cabela's

I'd wait, the Gen2's are about to come out and older HDS stuff will be even cheaper.

As far as most are concerned, you wouldn't know the difference either.

I'd wait, the Gen2's are about to come out and older HDS stuff will be even cheaper.

As far as most are concerned, you wouldn't know the difference either.

Its already happening. HDS7 with Insight USA and Ducer $934 minus $200 rebate= $734.00 .. That's pretty tough to beat. Cant even get the garmin 500 series units for that.

Its already happening. HDS7 with Insight USA and Ducer $934 minus $200 rebate= $734.00 .. That's pretty tough to beat. Cant even get the garmin 500 series units for that.

What is the diffrance between the HDS7 base Multifuntion and the HDS 7 insight?Is it the mapping?

I found the HDS 7 base for $876 wiht the $200 mail in rebate or the HDS 7 insight for $1,050 with the $200 mail in rebate.

I just don't know what to get help.