Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SallyGrowler

footsforecast - for the mid atlantic and NE region - fire-up the snow shovels

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Here we go again

Coastal "Bomb" may develop tonight off the Virginia Capes, to rival Hurricane Irene in central pressure, Winter Storm Watches and Warnings from North Carolina to Maine, up to 10 inches expected in the mountains.

‎7:45 AM EST 12/7/11 | Overnight, computer models and forecasters alike came to a consensus that the influence of powerful upper level low is going to fire off a rapidly deepening coastal "bomb" at the surface. By tonight, an explosively developing storm along the Virginia Capes will begin to move northeastward. As a result, areas up to 200 miles west of the storm may be impacted by "dynamical cooling" which will be responsible for generating snow in this early season event, even into the major metro areas of Baltimore and Washington as well as much of the Central Appalachians by tonight

http://www.footsforecast.org/

This is from a forecast I trust:

A developing coastal storm will bring rain and increasing wind through tonight. As the storm moves northward through the nearby coastal waters, colder air will begin to filter into the area causing rain to change to snow tonight. Across higher elevations of northwest NJ and interior NY, 3 to 6 inches of snow is likely. 1 to 3 inches of snow is possible across the remainder of northern NJ west of the Turnpike. Rain may change to wet snow across the remainder of southern, central and coastal NJ, but no accumulation is expected.

Windy and chilly conditions will prevail on Thursday. Normal early December temperatures will continue into the weekend with highs in the mid 40s and lows in the mid to upper 20s

Tomorrow we can compare notes and see who was closer :)

TimS

Pfffft.............we MIGHT get some "wet flakes" here..............which is fine by me.

that just negated:

I purchased a large snow blower last year - that's how I know it's not gonna snow

reads like the Diary of Patrick Breen (December 1846)

:scared:

I purchased a large snow blower last year - that's how I know it's not gonna snow :wave:

Could be. That's the way it seemingly works.........for a while, at least. Eventually, the snow catches up with you, and you'll kick yourself in the ass for not having bought a snow blower sooner. I prefer to think of them as 'back savers', rather than 'snow blowers'. ;)