Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AllenW

Diawa Sealine SG27LCA rebuild?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Newbie to your forum,  but old time fisherman.

I have to say even though I don't fish for stripers, I'm enjoying the reading.

The tutorial on the Penn 320 GTI saved me when I was ill advised to pull all the side cover screws off and just pull apart......having never had one apart, it was a bit confusing as to how to reasemble the parts that were laying on my work bench...:)

Thanks much.

I have just aquired 2 used Sealine SG27LCA reels and need to go over them, hoping somebodies got a tutorial on them maybe?

TIA

Al

Hi Allen, The sg27's are very simple to service. I just take the non handle side off and oil the bearing or bushing. Some have bearings and some have bushings. I also loosen the white idler gear screw and put a drop of oil on it. Check the clicker pawl for any wear and if it is ok put the side back on. Oil the level wind gear. Take the cast control off the handle side and put a couple of drops on the bearing/bushing under the cap. WATCH the spring under the cap doesn't get lost. If you do pull the handle side off make sure you put everything in order so you put it back properly. You must take off the handle and the star to remove the side plate. all the internal parts should stay in place. Take a picture so you know how every thing should go back together. unless the drag is bad I usually leave them alone because they are a wet/felt drag. Also make sure you leave the frees pool lever engaged and it does not have to be removed for the side cover to be removed. It will have to re-engaged the the yoke plate when putting the side plate back on. Hope this is of some help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt Locker View Post

Hi Allen, The sg27's are very simple to service. I just take the non handle side off and oil the bearing or bushing. Some have bearings and some have bushings. I also loosen the white idler gear screw and put a drop of oil on it. Check the clicker pawl for any wear and if it is ok put the side back on. Oil the level wind gear. Take the cast control off the handle side and put a couple of drops on the bearing/bushing under the cap. WATCH the spring under the cap doesn't get lost. If you do pull the handle side off make sure you put everything in order so you put it back properly. You must take off the handle and the star to remove the side plate. all the internal parts should stay in place. Take a picture so you know how every thing should go back together. unless the drag is bad I usually leave them alone because they are a wet/felt drag. Also make sure you leave the frees pool lever engaged and it does not have to be removed for the side cover to be removed. It will have to re-engaged the the yoke plate when putting the side plate back on. Hope this is of some help.

Sure is, thanks.

I have a couple of sets of the carbonex (sp?) drag washers,  I figured I'd put them into a couple of used 27's I'm picking up, maybe leave well enough alone and do what you've suggested for now..thanks.

Al